How to combine data from different maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to combine data from different maps

Any one knows to combine 2 or more maps to have a more detailed map of a specific country?

Not possible as far as I know.

I have tried using both OSM and RG maps together on my Nuvi unit. Unfortunately one will dominate over the other, so you will not be able to enjoy the merging of two maps, even if both maps are checked or "turned on".

The best thing you can do is to have both maps in your unit and switch between maps, but you will have to know which parts of the country either of the maps has more details.

Or the best thing is for you to become a RG contributor, if you do, you will be assured of the best map available in the country. If of course you find something that is not yet in the map, then you surely can contribute it, to improve the map some more. That is the concept of a community map. This is why I have been an active member of RG for so long, where else can you get a map that you can do something to help improve it? It's like, you can't complain if your village is not there, or your street is not yet named.... because you can do something about it.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Working...
    X