Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

win 8.1 compatibility issue

roadguide map.jpg
    just upgraded my OS to Windows 8.1 lately, installed Mapsource 6157. World map works fine. Europe map works fine as well. but soon as RoadGuide map is installed, mapsource wouldn't open at all. refer to the attached. what could be the issue? with windows 7 is not problem at all. Is it the OS, or Mapsource or the way i installed the phil map. tried changing directory, tried disabling the windows defender still no good. would be glad to hear your inputs just in case somebody out there had ran on the same problem.
    ░░ N70º 14.821 E22º 20.847 ░░

did you try basecamp?
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

thanks for the reply kuya. haven't tried basecamp. tried it once before but didn't get the hang of it in the UI. i am more adept with mapsource and will keep it for as long as it still working. .... anyway, after having half day doing trial and error, finally have it running again in mapsource. culprit is the installation directory. it should be c:\jklinc\roadguide.ph just tried to check how it is installed in my laptop and so there it is.

Comment

How about the old version 6.13.7? i think this would be fine as well?

Comment

Neither Mapsource Nor Basecamp is working for me in Win 8.1

Mapsource will not work at all and Basecamp refuses to load PI Maps

Comment

yes, mapsource ver 6.15.7 works on windows 8.1, and even in the test platform of windows 10 technical preview that i currently use now. the problem i had before was the installation directory which i have moved on my storage bay. jklinc should only be installed into the os side of the drive or better yet, just accept the default installation directory.

Comment

Yea I got 6.15.7 to work

Now I need to get Base Camp to load maps. New Nuvi does not work with Mapsource.

Comment

Working...
              X