Zumo 590 not recognized by Mapsource?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zumo 590 not recognized by Mapsource?

After a couple of years loyal service my ZUMO 550 (sort of) died and I bought the new kid from Garmin; the Zumo 590.
    A few days ago it finally arrived!

Since my contributions are long overdue waiting for this new GPS I am eager to get started.... but...... my mapsource (version 6.15.7) does not recognize my new GPS.

Any pointers? Like to get started! Anybody else out there having this Zumo 590 who can share his first impressions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Iloilo-city; 09-27-2014, 13:48.
    Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

put map on sd card or use basecamp to load map to gps
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Mapsource doesn't seem to work with zumo 390LM

I got a new zumo 390LM and seems that Mapsource version 6.16.3 doesn't want to find it, yet BaseCamp does.

I guess that is simply because Garmin hasn't been developing Mapsource for some time now.

Pity as I found it easier to use for managing my routes.

Change is inevitable, but it is not always seem to the better. On the other hand, it is within reason that I just don't know how to use it, yet...

Comment

@Uncle Antti
        you might want to downgrade to Mapsource 6.15.7. hope this helps.
        ░░ N70º 14.821 E22º 20.847 ░░

Comment

Newer units seem to have very small space left especially for other maps. (Particulary the north american units) SD would be the best solution
          no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Working...
          X