No announcement yet.

Mini EB in Surigao City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, that's okay Jayteecie, maybe next time.

Thanks for the hint Henmme about the bypass, my Uncle will be fetching us from Butuan will tell him your tip.

Hopefully next update would be at the EB already

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

If you still have spare time, try to go to Enchanted river in Hinatuan, Tinuy-an falls in Bislig and Britania islets in San Agustin, all in Surigao del Sur. 😄

Comment

The EB was done Sept. 18th at Mario's. Sorry don't have photos now as the ones taken was from a DSLR and not yet downloaded, not sure if Hennme69C's better half was able to get a good photo with her tablet. But will post photos as soon as we can, as mentioned usually no time to upload photos during the EB (at least for me). We started at 9pm and ended around 11pm coz the rest of us were still quite tired from our Manila to Butuan and Butuan to Surigao trip that morning, plus some other stuff we had to attend before the EB.

Hennme69C, it was nice to have met you, and your better half, I agree she should also be a member of RG already what with her helping you with the mapping. It's nice to know that there are wives out there like mine, who get left somewhere to be picked up long after the designated time, because we were still out mapping.

Attendees were:
        Hennme69C
        Mrs. Hennme69C (I know her name but won't mention in forum for privacy).
        Arvin555
        Archie0222
        Mdmjay
        Mike (our driver, hehehe!)

So basically well attended!

Jaytecee,
        We arrived in Butuan and wanted to go to the Balanghay exhibit, but then MdMjay's flight from Cebu was arriving already and we didn't have time to go. In the future, hopefully will find time to go around Butuan again, as I can't remember what year it was that I last visited, definitely way before the Balanghay was found.

Thanks for the tip about enchanted river and the falls, it was in our itinerary, but even before the lost day because of the cancellation, we decided not to go as it was a 6 hour drive and we were traveling with our Mom who would get too tired doing that trip. We now do know that the trick is to actually find accommodations along the way, so that one day would be for Enchanted river and the other for Sohoton, which means you save a few hours by not going back to Surigao or Butuan for the night.

For example, Sohoton first then stay overnight at a resort there, and go out early to drive to Enchanted river, should save a couple of hours.

Oh, of course I should give Kudos to Hennme69C and other RG mappers in that region, like jaytecee, driving down to Claver to go to Sohoton, the area was quite well mapped! Didn't have much chance add to the map. I did find some though, don't worry, I'd be angry at my self if I didn't find anything to contribute from a trip.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

hennme69C,

My apologies again for not being able to meet you again while we were there, got busy as we went to Sohoton and were tired when we got back already.

I mentioned to you that you can install a Beta program called Galactio on her Tablet. Here:
          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...tio-Mobile-App

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Many thanks, Arvin. We don't have any pictures from the tablet. The tablet has no flash and the light level was too low.

It was a great EB. Enjoyed meeting all. Come on back down anytime.
            Experiencia Docet

Comment

Yes, that's the most ideal way to go if you're visiting everything here in 1 go. Take the first flight in here to Butuan. Go Zip line, Zorb & ATV @ Delta park here in BXU then Balanghay to cap the day and spend the night here.
              Leave early the following day and head to Enchanted River, Hinatuan SDS and swim at their bottomless, blue waters til Lunch and witness the fish feeding at 12 noon.
              After lunch, head to Tinuy-an falls in Bislig, SDS And enjoy back massage at the 2nd level of the falls.
              By 4pm, you should leave and head to Britania, San Agustin, SDS and spend the night at La Entrada Beach Resort. Enjoy drinking at their View Deck under the moon. Arrange your boat ride at the front desk for the following day.
              Try to start the island hopping before day break and enjoy pristine clear waters and white sand and if you want, you can also arrange that your lunch be brought and enjoyed in one of the islands too..
              After lunch, you have two choices, 1) head back to La Entrada and proceed to Sohoton. Or 2) If you're not proceeding to Sohoton, spend more time there and get sun kissed til 4pm and depending on your return flight, you decide whether to spend another night there or head back to Butuan.

But this is OT already. Hehe

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
              The EB was done Sept. 18th at Mario's. Sorry don't have photos now as the ones taken was from a DSLR and not yet downloaded, not sure if Hennme69C's better half was able to get a good photo with her tablet. But will post photos as soon as we can, as mentioned usually no time to upload photos during the EB (at least for me). We started at 9pm and ended around 11pm coz the rest of us were still quite tired from our Manila to Butuan and Butuan to Surigao trip that morning, plus some other stuff we had to attend before the EB.

Hennme69C, it was nice to have met you, and your better half, I agree she should also be a member of RG already what with her helping you with the mapping. It's nice to know that there are wives out there like mine, who get left somewhere to be picked up long after the designated time, because we were still out mapping.

Attendees were:
              Hennme69C
              Mrs. Hennme69C (I know her name but won't mention in forum for privacy).
              Arvin555
              Archie0222
              Mdmjay
              Mike (our driver, hehehe!)

So basically well attended!

Jaytecee,
              We arrived in Butuan and wanted to go to the Balanghay exhibit, but then MdMjay's flight from Cebu was arriving already and we didn't have time to go. In the future, hopefully will find time to go around Butuan again, as I can't remember what year it was that I last visited, definitely way before the Balanghay was found.

Thanks for the tip about enchanted river and the falls, it was in our itinerary, but even before the lost day because of the cancellation, we decided not to go as it was a 6 hour drive and we were traveling with our Mom who would get too tired doing that trip. We now do know that the trick is to actually find accommodations along the way, so that one day would be for Enchanted river and the other for Sohoton, which means you save a few hours by not going back to Surigao or Butuan for the night.

For example, Sohoton first then stay overnight at a resort there, and go out early to drive to Enchanted river, should save a couple of hours.

Oh, of course I should give Kudos to Hennme69C and other RG mappers in that region, like jaytecee, driving down to Claver to go to Sohoton, the area was quite well mapped! Didn't have much chance add to the map. I did find some though, don't worry, I'd be angry at my self if I didn't find anything to contribute from a trip.

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Hehehe, topic starting to get stale, and Archie has not yet sent me the photos. Will follow up.

Hoping to be able to visit again sometime soon hennme69C and Jaytecee.

Thanks for the tip on how to go about a Butuan tour with Enchanted river and Sohoton. Yeah OT, could be a nice topic in Travel and Tourism

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Finally have a photo to prove the EB went down.

I forgot the venue, but it was just beside Mario's Grill, as Mario's was quite noisy.

Not going to label who's who, so that those who know us will know who were there, those who don't won't!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X