2014 Visayas Ro/Ro Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Visayas Ro/Ro Trip

I am planning a 6 week trip using the nautical highway Ro/Ro Ports from Luzon to with a SUV
    Mindoro>Panay>Negros>Bohol>Cebu>Negros>Panay>Mindo ro>Luzon

I have this 2013 list in a PDF file but @ 212kb I could not attach.

It is the latest list of main Visayas Schedules I have found, but living on the islands before, I know it can change
    Has anyone found a better resource for finding updated Ro/Ro schedules?

From research, Montenegro seems to be the best organized
    http://www.montenegrolines.com.ph/in...subnav=network

Part of 2013 PDF File Ferry to Caticlan….
    Montenegro Shipping: Tel Nos. (043) 722-18-73 723-89-89
    Roxas - Caticlan 3 1/2 hours travel time 3 trips a day departing Roxas at 4:00am, 10:00am and 8:00pm
    Contact Person: Mr. Cesar Baticos Tel. No. 09228890338
    Caticlan- Roxas 3 trips a day departing Caticlan at 2:00am, 10:00am and 4:00pm

Starlite Ferries, Inc. Tel Nos. (043) 722-01-62 , 723-99-69
    Roxas - Caticlan 4 hours travel time 3 trips a day departing Roxas at 2:00am, 11:00pm and 2:00am ???
    Contact Person: Col. Jorge M. Rabina Tel. Nos. 09237384558 (043) 7239965
    Caticlan- Roxas 3 trips a day departing Caticlan at 8:00am, 4:00pm and 8:00pm

Besta Shipping Lines, Inc.
    Roxas - Caticlan 4 hrs 2 trips a day departing Roxas at 1:30am and 1:30pm
    Contact Person: Atty. Patrick Ang Tel. No. 5216043
    Caticlan- Roxas 2 trips a day departing Caticlan at 7:30am and 7:30pm

Philharbor Ferries & Port Services, Inc. Tel. Nos. 775-04-80 to 82
    Roxas - Caticlan 4 1/2 hrs 1 trip a day departing Roxas at 8:30pm
    Contact Person: Mr. Mariano Lumbres Tel. No. 19294049774 Atty. Dexter Tupaz Tel. No. 5216043
    Caticlan- Roxas 2 trips a day departing Caticlan at 7:30am and 7:30pm

Asian Marine Transport Corporation: Tel. No. 233-30-47/231-06-39
    Roxas to Caticlan with 4 hours travel time 2 trips a day departing Roxas at 12:30am and 12:30pm
    Contact Person: Mr. Paul Y. Rodriguez 232-57-33/505-88-90
    Caticlan to Roxas with 4 hours travel time 2 trips a day departing Caticlan at 5:30am and 5:30pm

This is the link to downloading the PDF

www.marina.gov.ph/srnh/srnh_main.html

Comment

There's no official list.
      But this might help.
      Batangas Calapan hourly.
      Roxas caticlan a couple of times per day ( when full) (try calling them they might know - probably not)
      Dumangas bacolod every hour and a half.
      Tampi bato every hour and a half.
      Above schedules both ways.
      There's also the 2go ferry that does Batangas caticlan once per day.

Cebu Bohol is a royal pita and I wouldn't bother taking a vehicle there. (Cebu paperwork is a major headache in going to Bohol)

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Thanks Jan,

I have had a place in Puerta Gallera for many years so familiar with the Batangas Ferries to Calapan and Roxas to Caticlan.
        Also used Ro/Ro from Iloilo to Guimaras

Further East is new driving territory for me and obviously the available Ro/Ro routes will dictate the itinerary.
        But this trip has been on my bucket list for years….

Basic Plan is:
        Subic>Batangas>Calapan>Roxas>Antique West Coast to Iloilo/Guimaras>Bacold>Sipalay>Balanan Lake>Bonbonon Area>Apo & Siquijor Islands>Dumaguette…then I am hoping the Sibulan Ferry to Liloan Cebu is operational…. Or ideally a direct way to Bohol from Negeros? Pray Icon Here!

I scuba dive, so it is really handy for me to take the car with me to Bohol and I have an old Filipina friend to look up and enjoy his Island with….. After Bohol, a return via Cebu North Toledo-San Carlos
        Schedule of Departure (via Danilo Lines Inc. Lite Ferry):
        5:00 AM / 7:30 AM /10:00 AM / 1:00 PM / 3:30 PM / 6:00 PM
        Contact information for Danilo Lines Inc.:
        Cebu City – Tel. No. (032) 255-1721 to 26
        Toledo City – Tel. No. (032) 322-6387 / (032) 467-8200
        San Carlos City – Tel. No. (034) 312-5127 / (034) 729-8040

I have got most of the ferry contacts now and will confirm their schedules, once proven.

The return back to Batangas will basically be a NW route of the islands via different roads, depending on interests

Look forward to any more advice…. Fred
        Last edited by FRED; 08-20-2014, 20:20.

Comment

Nice itinerary. The Sibulan ferry to Liloan, Cebu is operational and cheap. The only time this port gets shut down is when strong waves make it difficult for the ferry to dock and safely load vehicles. This does not happen often though.

I don't think there's a direct RORO from Dumaguete to Bohol. But nearest one is in Argao - Taloot, Argao, Cebu to Catagbacan, Loon, Bohol http://www.bohol.ph/printarticle.php?id=108. More info here http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ip...an-loon-bohol/.

Comment

Thanks Borgie,

Very useful Forum links to navigate the Ro/Ro Puzzel to Bohol and the update on earthquake damage at one of them.

If you don't live in the Cebu/Bohol area it is difficult to find the local Forums that discuss these.

As a retired captain of adventure/cruise ships to remote places I am used to documenting the actual trips.

As a newbie here, how would you guys like to see this planned journey documented?

Again... all travel intelligence appreciated!
            Cheers Fred

Comment

Originally posted by FRED View Post
              As a retired captain of adventure/cruise ships to remote places I am used to documenting the actual trips.

As a newbie here, how would you guys like to see this planned journey documented?
              Your documented journey would be a great help to both domestic and international tourists/travellers planning the same or similar route/s.

Comment

SE Asia or Philippine map..

I have a Nuvi 550 that I want to take with me to Iloilo. Is there a map of it or of the Philippines I can download on my micro card? Frank

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken I thought all Bohol bound vehicles need paperwork done in cebu city which why it is such a pain in the ass. Even the one in Argao needs paperwork from cebu... unless off course they have recently changed the requirements. (we all know how likely that is)

Comment

When sailing around, I always try and find local forums that would share the latest, so found this good link about Ro/Ro’s via Cebu-Bohol
                    http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ip...an-loon-bohol/

Updated this year, it talks about the changes after the earthquake and clarifies rumors.

Spoke with my friend living in Bohol and will confirm if there still is a Ro/Ro between Siquijor and Tagbilaran as well as other Cebu options.

As we all know, conditions change frequently here in the Philippines, which makes travel all the more adventurous.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                      Unless I'm mistaken I thought all Bohol bound vehicles need paperwork done in cebu city which why it is such a pain in the ass. Even the one in Argao needs paperwork from cebu... unless off course they have recently changed the requirements. (we all know how likely that is)

Kuya Jan, last year two groups from our church went to Bohol . First group rode the fascraft while second group rode an AUV that traveled via Sibulan-Liloan-Argao-Loon, Bohol. AUV returned to Negros same way. Paperworks (pay fare for AUV and excess passengers, show OR/CR of vehicle if asked, mostly they don't ask) were done in Argao thru shipping company, I think same as procedure when boarding roro in Lilo-an. HTH

Comment

Daghan salamat bai. That's new (and welcome) info!

Comment

Working...
                        X