OSM introduce Lane guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSM introduce Lane guidance

I have just found that OSM are introducing lane guidance to their maps, while I am very interested in this aspect, as our software guidance is to be honest inadequate. But on matching the actual mapping of Manila of OSM compared to RG Philippines, we do have a much more detailed mapping of the streets.

Is our resident program guru working on this aspect, as the roads are getting more crowded, so we need to be more aware of the correct lane before actually arriving, so no swerving, and the "crocodiles" are avoided.

Though they do need updating on U turn closures etc. New tracks are also not being introduced onto the updates, and I worry that there will be such a back log that they never will be able to catch up. Tracks from last year are still waiting to be added) I understand that the guys doing these are working, fair comment, but this work should then be farmed out to those who do have the time and energy? so keeping our system the most updated and accurate GPS mapping for the Philippines.

Maybe we should ask for volunteers willing to assist?

John
Working...
X