Buying Kenwood DNN 991 HD from the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Kenwood DNN 991 HD from the US

I'm going to the states two weeks from now. I was thinking of getting Kenwood's latest/totl car multimedia navigation dvd player DNN 991 HD. I'm sure it will come pre-loaded with US map. Is it advisable to buy it from the US and bring it back to the Philippines, or wait till you find a local store that sells the same model that has a Philippine map installed? Can you easily change installed maps on these devices or you need to be real careful before buying one because it may not work here?

I have no experience of that model, but the questions you should be asking are,

What maps does it use, Garmin, Tom Tom, etc, if Garmin then ok,

How are the maps installed, via a dvd disk, memory card and how are the future updates installed.

Best if you are buying from a store, otherwise unless you have the correct answers to the above, then you could have wasted your money.

Good luck.
    John

Comment

They should have an sd card slot. Check before buying.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

It uses garmin nav system. Bring an SD card with the free RG map and try on the unit. If the unit is able to access the map, you're good to go.

I would think the map on the SD card should be located on correct directory (e.g. \\Garmin\Map\gmapsupp.img) for it to work.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X