No announcement yet.

Viliv S5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally had the chance to try out nRoute's track recording capability.

I tried recording tracks at 1 second and 1 meter intervals and I can't see any noticeable difference though. They are both very smooth especially in corners. With a re-rad antenna, the best accuracy is 3.6 meters.

If only GMPC have the 1 second and 1 meter recording filters...

Comment

I recently installed Windows 7 RC Build 7100 and everything works fine. For some weird reasons, the com port for the GPS changed and GMPC was no longer able to recognize GPS signals. I updated to the latest GMPC (5.00.60g) and it now works simultaneously with nRoute using GpsGate! I can now navigate with GMPC and record tracks with nRoute at the same time!

I also noticed that GMPC was able to see/lock on more satellites than nRoute. Upon opening, GMPC will see 4 satellites while nRoute will see only 2-3. nRoute will also show the GPS accuracy while GMPC doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
        I recently installed Windows 7 RC Build 7100 and everything works fine. For some weird reasons, the com port for the GPS changed and GMPC was no longer able to recognize GPS signals. I updated to the latest GMPC (5.00.60g) and it now works simultaneously with nRoute using GpsGate! I can now navigate with GMPC and record tracks with nRoute at the same time!

I also noticed that GMPC was able to see/lock on more satellites than nRoute. Upon opening, GMPC will see 4 satellites while nRoute will see only 2-3. nRoute will also show the GPS accuracy while GMPC doesn't.
        Thats sweet news And welcome to Win 7RC

I noticed the same about the satelites when I managed to get my 10x working with nRoute via bluetooth, ref my earlier post http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...=7056#post7056

Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
          Thats sweet news And welcome to Win 7RC

I noticed the same about the satelites when I managed to get my 10x working with nRoute via bluetooth, ref my earlier post http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...=7056#post7056

Thanks!

GMPC via GpsGate reads GPS data via plain "Virtual COM" while nRoute needs "Virtual COM/Garmin Emulator", at least with my setup.

About Win7, it's a tad slower than XP even without Aero enabled. I have already disabled a few services and tweaked the appearance setting and it's still not at par with my previous XP installation. It's still usable though. Any tips?

Comment

That's great! Makes the Viliv a very versatile unit . Hope this built-in GPS feature will become standard in upcoming netbooks and notebooks... Thanks for sharing...

Comment

I read somewhere that Acer and Asus will be coming out with GPS equipped netbooks. One thing going for the S5 is its size and long battery life (5-6 hours) and can be powered by the 5v cigarette plug adapter. It makes for an almost perfect Car PC.

Comment

Thanks!

GMPC via GpsGate reads GPS data via plain "Virtual COM" while nRoute needs "Virtual COM/Garmin Emulator", at least with my setup.

About Win7, it's a tad slower than XP even without Aero enabled. I have already disabled a few services and tweaked the appearance setting and it's still not at par with my previous XP installation. It's still usable though. Any tips?
                I really dont know, exept for the hardware maybe? The laptop I run 7RC on is a reasonably good one, It has a Centrino 2, 2,4GHz and 4GB RAM, it was running Vista business edition originally. And my experience with 7RC is so far mostly good and I think it's far better than Vista. The first week with 7RC I did expirienced a couple of blue screens, but I think it was caused by a incompatible driver. It has been running very smooth since then, I really do like it!

Cheers
                Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Thanks!

I like the way Win7 implements handwriting recognition. A lot better than XP. I'm able to use tablet pc input when searching in GMPC. Win7 is definitely the most stable windows OS. BSOD only once after I installed a new video driver.

I also tried Centrafuse in the s5 but GMPC does not fit and it does not adjust its own resolution. It would be fun if GMPC displays properly inside Centrafuse.

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
                    I really dont know, exept for the hardware maybe? The laptop I run 7RC on is a reasonably good one, It has a Centrino 2, 2,4GHz and 4GB RAM, it was running Vista business edition originally. And my experience with 7RC is so far mostly good and I think it's far better than Vista. The first week with 7RC I did expirienced a couple of blue screens, but I think it was caused by a incompatible driver. It has been running very smooth since then, I really do like it!

Cheers
                    +1 here. Have also installed Windows 7 RC and been using it for about a month now and I must say I'm impressed by its compatibility with existing programs. Heck, even Jan's POI editor is running well.

Comment

hi guys,
                      is it true that window 7 rc will start its shutout on march 1, 2010, and full shutdown on june 1, 2010. you have to buy the full version by that time before it shut down
                      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                        hi guys,
                        is it true that window 7 rc will start its shutout on march 1, 2010, and full shutdown on june 1, 2010. you have to buy the full version by that time before it shut down
                        Yup, this is just a trial version of the software, but the full version it is. It still can be used after the expiration date but will shut down periodically (i can't remember how often), so it will be pretty annoying really.

Comment

I think it will shut down every 2 hours. It's a full 8 months from now and you can buy Win7 by October of this year.

I rally hate Windows in whatever flavor but Win 7 gets my nod in as far as my S5 is concerned.

Comment

Here's a youtube video of my s5 on Windows 7 using a USB TV Tuner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM8D831RxnM

Vid taken with an iPhone.

Comment

Just saw the viliv advertised in page A18 of today's Inquirer... nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                                Just saw the viliv advertised in page A18 of today's Inquirer... nice...
                                nice nga kuya....do you idea of price?
                                got the price kuya from the web link posted by amf.
                                Last edited by Reiji; 10-26-2009, 13:48.
                                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                                X