Viliv S5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
    Borgie, I've tried the GMPC with the 10x as well and it's very nice. Actually I think it was better than my nuvi
    More digresions; do you know how to extract the track log from GMPC?
    And can't get 10x (bluetooth) working with nRoute though.
    All the best!
    Hi jonatle. How to extract track log answered already, thanks amf. And you're right, tracks generated by GMPC's not that great. As for Nroute, i downloaded a 14 day trial of Franson GPS gate here http://franson.com/gpsgate/ and was able to make it work with the 10x. Franson GPS gate makes a virtual com port where the 10x can be detected by NRoute. However, wasn't able to test it outside, forgot about it for a while, then the trial period expired . Don't have a compelling reason really to get the full version as NRoute works just as well with my 60CSx...

Comment

GMPC track log versus nRoute?

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Hi jonatle. How to extract track log answered already, thanks amf. And you're right, tracks generated by GMPC's not that great. As for Nroute, i downloaded a 14 day trial of Franson GPS gate here http://franson.com/gpsgate/ and was able to make it work with the 10x. Franson GPS gate makes a virtual com port where the 10x can be detected by NRoute. However, wasn't able to test it outside, forgot about it for a while, then the trial period expired . Don't have a compelling reason really to get the full version as NRoute works just as well with my 60CSx...
      Thanks for that Borgie, I might check it out if I have the time?
      I haven't tried nRoute on the road, so compared to GMPC, hows the track quality on nRoute?
      Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Thanks for that Borgie, I might check it out if I have the time?
        I haven't tried nRoute on the road, so compared to GMPC, hows the track quality on nRoute?
        In NRoute you can set it to record 1 sec tracks and track quality is dependent on the external GPS. It would give a very good track when paired with the 10x, imho (haven't tried it as well on the road). Setting can be found on the "Tracks(F6)" tab, i think pressing function key F6 is the shortcut. Then click on "active track filter", check "Record active track" and select "Time - 1 second". Here's a direct link to Franson Gate in NRoute http://franson.com/gpsgate/guide.asp...platform=winxp.

Comment

Haven't tried nRoute yet. Can it work alongside GMPC? Thanks!

EDIT: Downloaded and installed nRoute and gpsgate. GMPC and nRoute simultaneously loaded/open works fine! I hope nRoute saves high resolution tracks (I set filter at 1 meter) so I can both navigate and track at the same time. Thanks!
          Last edited by amf; 06-16-2009, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
            Haven't tried nRoute yet. Can it work alongside GMPC? Thanks!

EDIT: Downloaded and installed nRoute and gpsgate. GMPC and nRoute simultaneously loaded/open works fine! I hope nRoute saves high resolution tracks (I set filter at 1 meter) so I can both navigate and track at the same time. Thanks!
            Great! If it's the trial version GPSGate you're using, just take note of the 14-day trial period . Please give feedback on what the best NRoute setting is - 1 meter or 1 sec. In my 60CSx, the min. distance setting is 10 meters that's why the best setting is time - 1 sec. The nice thing about NRoute is that interface is almost the same as Mapsource and it uses all your Mapsource maps as well. Once you've marked a waypoint, you can immediately edit it and move it to it's proper position, input the label and symbol .

This ups the wow factor of viliv S5 considerably... bilib ako

Comment

Great! If it's the trial version GPSGate you're using, just take note of the 14-day trial period. Please give feedback on what the best NRoute setting is - 1 meter or 1 sec. In my 60CSx, the min. distance setting is 10 meters that's why the best setting is time - 1 sec. The nice thing about NRoute is that interface is almost the same as Mapsource and it uses all your Mapsource maps as well. Once you've marked a waypoint, you can immediately edit it and move it to it's proper position, input the label and symbol .

This ups the wow factor of viliv S5 considerably... bilib ako
              Will try tracking later or tomorrow and will keep you updated. About the gpsgate's 14 day trial period... Well... yeah... errr... ummm... Have to buy it I guess....

Comment

No luck with nRoute. I have gpsgate configured and nroute just sits there "Searching for satellites" even though GMPC has already acquired 3D lock.

Comment

super Viliv naman ako dito tulo laway ko wish list

Comment

No luck with nRoute. I have gpsgate configured and nroute just sits there "Searching for satellites" even though GMPC has already acquired 3D lock.
                    Maybe NRoute needs to have an external GPS and can't work with a built-in one even with GPS gate. Sayang, it could've been a great combination...

Comment

GPX 10x Bluetooth connected to nRoute!

Maybe NRoute needs to have an external GPS and can't work with a built-in one even with GPS gate. Sayang, it could've been a great combination...
                      Good news
                      I managed to connect my GPS 10x via bluetooth to nRoute and without Franson GpsGate
                      The 10x is on virtual port COM7. After pairing it with the computer, nRoute was able to connect. (pairing key=1234)

Screenshot attached
                      Attached Files
                      Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Good news
                        I managed to connect my GPS 10x via bluetooth to nRoute and without Franson GpsGate
                        The 10x is on virtual port COM7. After pairing it with the computer, nRoute was able to connect. (pairing key=1234)

Screenshot attached
                        Great! Now why can't mine connect to a virtual port without GPS gate? . Will check it out again... Thanks for the info...

Comment

Yeah, probably. Will have to look for another good tracker for Windows.

Comment

I was finally able to to make nRoute + GPSgate work! The only caveat is I cannot have both nRoute and GMPC running at the same time as only one of them can use the port configured with GPSgate.

Comment

I was finally able to to make nRoute + GPSgate work! The only caveat is I cannot have both nRoute and GMPC running at the same time as only one of them can use the port configured with GPSgate.
                              Great news! That means that if you want to go mapping, you can go with NRoute. For navigation, Mobile PC...

Hope you can share track settings and tips using NRoute...

Comment

Great news! That means that if you want to go mapping, you can go with NRoute. For navigation, Mobile PC...

Hope you can share track settings and tips using NRoute...
                                Will do once I get on the road. I'm still looking for a way to make nRoute and GMPC work simultaneously. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X