Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etrex Problem

Hi,

Moderators, not sure if the is the appropriate section to post this (if not kindly just move or let me know).

I have a problem with eTrex HCx, the unit works fine on it's own but I found out a month or 2 ago that the unit would shut down if I connected the PC cable (whenever I wanted to download and organize new trail tracks). Alternatively, what I did was to plug in my SD Card (coming from the eTrex) into my computer and load that into mapsource instead. I am just looking at this as a workaround so that I am able to keep synchronizing maps/tracks between mapsource and my eTrex.

I brought the unit to Navco and was told that if I wanted to have the unit serviced, it would cost P12K, whatever they found. I was a bit surprised since it's almost the same price (even a bit higher) than what I paid for when I bought the unit. Am now thinking if I should just buy another unit or still have this repaired. Or is there anybody out there who knows how to fix these problems?

If I do buy another unit, can I request to register my unit again so I can register the contributor's map on my new unit?

Many thanks!

Originally posted by kos View Post
    Hi,

Moderators, not sure if the is the appropriate section to post this (if not kindly just move or let me know).

I have a problem with eTrex HCx, the unit works fine on it's own but I found out a month or 2 ago that the unit would shut down if I connected the PC cable (whenever I wanted to download and organize new trail tracks). Alternatively, what I did was to plug in my SD Card (coming from the eTrex) into my computer and load that into mapsource instead. I am just looking at this as a workaround so that I am able to keep synchronizing maps/tracks between mapsource and my eTrex.

I brought the unit to Navco and was told that if I wanted to have the unit serviced, it would cost P12K, whatever they found. I was a bit surprised since it's almost the same price (even a bit higher) than what I paid for when I bought the unit. Am now thinking if I should just buy another unit or still have this repaired. Or is there anybody out there who knows how to fix these problems?

If I do buy another unit, can I request to register my unit again so I can register the contributor's map on my new unit?

Many thanks!
    buy a new unit. request a new unlock code from The Judge.

Comment

Working...
    X