Philippines EZ Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philippines EZ Maps

Does anyone have any comments to make good or bad about the data in EZ paper Maps?

I have been trying match their maps to our data so that I can start to add names to towns and barangays I am tracking, but have found a few discrepancies, therefore I wanting know about their accuracy.

Also their street names do not match in some cases, and town roads appear to be missing compared to our maps.

Thank you.
    John

Last edited by jnieurzyla; 10-07-2013, 12:34.

I have a couple of them too... maybe if you post a discrepancy you notice, and those who are more familiar with the correct info could pitch in...
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

EZ maps

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
      I have a couple of them too... maybe if you post a discrepancy you notice, and those who are more familiar with the correct info could pitch in...
      I have written to EZ maps about this, but they have not replied....

Comment

EZMaps were started by an American Guy named Charlie Kemplin, many, many years ago. To cut a long story short, he is no longer with the business (I will let you figure that out) and it is now owned by his original employees.

When they started, Charlie sent people all over the Philippines with a camera and notebook and produced the original series. Their POffices were in Angeles City (Across form Normas Money Changer) and in the Swagman Hotel, Ermita.

When Charlie became uninvolved, the level of activity and update dropped significantly and I do not now know when the last serious vetting of information was done. I am not sure where they get their road networks form, originally it was form some of the old paper maps that existed for years. A big effort back in those days.

I would suspect that the data is actually very old and that Bing, OSM and Google would be much better references

Cheers

PP
        ================================================== =======
        If it aint broke, don't fix it .......

YAWN: The only time when some married men ever get to open their mouth
        ================================================== =======

Comment

EZ Maps

Thank you, that story sounds about right, with what I have seen produced, even their supposed city maps are not correct, many street names incorrect.

John

Comment

So that what happen to EZMaps. no wonder their map accuracy is very poor. Thanks for the info pangitpilot's

Comment

Working...
            X