No announcement yet.

Please Help run my navitel 5 on Galaxy S4 with stock android jellybean 4.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help run my navitel 5 on Galaxy S4 with stock android jellybean 4.2.2

My current problem now is that i cant use navitel 5 or lower version on my android phone (Galaxy S4 i9505 with stock android jellybean 4.2.2). it usually lags when you open the application and later on it will hang..to make it short you cant run the Navitel 5. im not sure about this, if this is a firmware incompatibility with the application or just incompatibility of the Navitel 5 with the HD resolution of the galaxy S4?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you. !!

add:
    I tried to install Navitel 7, It works smoothly and the RG map is loaded with ease but shows blank Map.(I understand that NM2 map like the RG map will not run on Nm3 capable Navitel 7.)

Not possible at the moment, 4.2.2 broke navitel 5 and below Navitel 7-8 changed the map format and doesn't support .nm2 (RG Map for Navitel) anymore.
    currently using Mapfactor navigator

another option is to root your phone and use a lower version firmware

Comment

Didn't know that about 4.2.2 (thanks for the info) I am currently using 4.1.2 and it works okay, so if you are going to downgrade you may try this version.

Not too much luck with RG Navitel nm3 files in the near future so that means anyone using 4.2.2 should be properly warned not to buy Navitel. Or at least try it out, it's free for trial right?

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        Didn't know that about 4.2.2 (thanks for the info) I am currently using 4.1.2 and it works okay, so if you are going to downgrade you may try this version.

Not too much luck with RG Navitel nm3 files in the near future so that means anyone using 4.2.2 should be properly warned not to buy Navitel. Or at least try it out, it's free for trial right?

TTFN
        Arvin
        Thank sir arvin555,
        so i think if anyone who want to use navitel 5 using Android 4.2.2 should be warned because it will not work. Maybe the best option to have is to use Sygic v 13 its a good map too (but of course RG map for Navitel 5 is much better) or if you want to downgrade to android 4.1.2. maybe it will work..
        by the way sir Arvin555, are you using Android 4.1.2 on your S4?

Comment

Originally posted by Geekz View Post
          Not possible at the moment, 4.2.2 broke navitel 5 and below Navitel 7-8 changed the map format and doesn't support .nm2 (RG Map for Navitel) anymore.
          currently using Mapfactor navigator

another option is to root your phone and use a lower version firmware
          Thanks for the reply.. oh i see, android version incompatibility.. i have rooted my phone the day i bought it .. but im not sure if lower version of Jellybean would work on S4 without issue since the stock OS is 4.2.2
          Last edited by 14brennan; 09-14-2013, 21:59.

Comment

Sorry I should have been more clear, I am using Xperia Acro S with 4.1.2. It works fine.

TTNF
            Arvin

Comment

sorry for rebumping

But need to ask if there's another app for android that we can use the rg map? Its the best map out there. Seems a waste if i cant use in my android.. Thanks a lot!!

Comment

Working...
              X