Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MTB trails

Hello fellow dirtheads

Pretty excited with all the trails on v1.06. Most of la mesa (only missing some of the newer singletrack), most of maarat (only missing some of the dh trails). This in addition to the sta rosa and tagaytay trails that were in 1.03. Galing!

So obviously there are some mtbers in this forum...

Just wanted to get some discussion going on what other trails we'd like to see, then maybe we could pitch in and contribute existing tracks, or go out with our gpses and ride 'em!

For me:
    -Licao-Licao, norzagaray, maykaingalan, puray, 7 rivers area
    -other tagaytay dh trails (b10, ridge2, holy trail, doobie or die)
    -other antipolo trails (lagundi, etc)

Originally posted by markweir View Post
    Hello fellow dirtheads

Pretty excited with all the trails on v1.06. Most of la mesa (only missing some of the newer singletrack), most of maarat (only missing some of the dh trails). This in addition to the sta rosa and tagaytay trails that were in 1.03. Galing!

So obviously there are some mtbers in this forum...

Just wanted to get some discussion going on what other trails we'd like to see, then maybe we could pitch in and contribute existing tracks, or go out with our gpses and ride 'em!

For me:
    Hi markweir. I've read so much about the trails you mentioned in the Phil. mountain bike forums and seen some pics even. However, coming from the Visayas, i've no idea where to look for them in the roadguide map (starting and end points of the trail). Would be nice if you can make a route in Mapsource for each bike trail (name of route = name of bike trail) and maybe upload it here so that we can see where it's at, length of trail & etc. And who knows, kung mapadpad tayo dyan baka we can visit and bike these trails... And of course if other mtbikers can see these uploads, it would be so easy to download the routes and get them into the GPS para magamit in biking .

Comment

colorado 300

bro, saan makakabili ng sd card na may mga map para sa garmin colorado gps? ung mga nagbebenta sa classified ads, di daw supported ng program nila ang colorado 300.

Comment

Originally posted by nelsky View Post
        bro, saan makakabili ng sd card na may mga map para sa garmin colorado gps? ung mga nagbebenta sa classified ads, di daw supported ng program nila ang colorado 300.
        Hi nelsky. Medyo OT ka but i'll answer your post. Try to check first what kind of sd card your colorado accepts & buy it from computer shops, no need to get from those selling maps in the classified ads. My 60CSx uses a micro sd card and after copying the gmapsupp file to it, kita mo na kaagad the roadguide map. You can download the roadguide standard map's gmapsupp.img file from here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=6. If you want the updated map, you have to contribute. Please browse the forum to see how and what to contribute...

Comment

Originally posted by markweir View Post
          Hello fellow dirtheads
          For me:
          NICE trails Sir!

MTBiker here...

To add up...try this sakto ride routes:

> Antenna Trail (Binangonan - Angono)
          > Puting Bato (Antipolo - Boso Boso to Mang Vics Bulalo)
          > Megatrail (Taytay)

Crank 'en Roll!
          If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

im a new mtbiker and would like to know if we can see the trails especially here in the south- like nuvali to tagaytay trails via sta rosa ?

Comment

I am not into Mountain Biking having had a heart attack in May 2008, I no longer join in Cebu Hash House Harriers, hiking up and down hills around Cebu.

I let the 225cc engine of my Yamaha 'Serow' (Japanese Mountain Goat), and it six speed gearbox take the strain.

Attempting to ride a Mountain Bike on some of the Trails of 'Ronnie Muring', would probably kill me. Trying to follow some of his Trails on my 'Serow' might also!

With a Mountain bike, it it gets too difficult you can always put the bike on your shoulder and carry it, lift it over fences, Cant really do that on a Motorcycle!

I came across Photos by Ronnie Muring on Google Earth and could not help wondering "How the hell does one get to that Vantage Point, to take such fantastic views?"

I discovered the answer, when I came across a website called Wikiloc

Wikiloc - GPS trails and waypoints of the World

Wikiloc is a place to discover and share the best outdoor trails for hiking, mountain biking and many other activities

www.wikiloc.com

Seems Ronnie Muring uploads GPS Tracks of his Trails in Cebu and a few other places, to Wikiloc.

Sign up to be a Member of Wikiloc, and you can download these GPS Tracks onto MapSource,
              * As a GPX (GPS Exchange Format) file that you can upload to your GPS receiver
              Options:
              1. Original (4023 track points)
              2. Simplified to 500 track points (to ensure compatibly with most GPS devices)
              3. Split into multiple segments of max 500 track points each

* As a Google Earth KML file
              * As a TCX (Training Center Database XML) file

Here is one of our Green Trail Rides that I uploaded to Wikiloc:-

http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=1609070

I would certainly never download such .gpx Track Log, load it into MapSource, the Submit it to RoadGuide.ph.
              i) it is ethically wrong,
              ii) legally it is copyright theft,
              iii) such trails need to be checked out to see if they are even possible by lesser persons than fitness and performance guru, who is into 'Adventure Biking' (AB), Ronnie Muring

http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/user....onnie%20muring

ronnie muring

E-Mail: ronnie_muring@yahoo.com

About me:
              I am now in my mid 50's and an active cross-country MTBiker. My base sport is mountaineering since the mid- 70's (times when military camping equipment were used). Started rock climbing in the mid 90's and later into caving.

Entered Adventure Racing (AR) since the introduction of AR in the Philippines in the early 2000. Since biking is one of the major disciplines in AR, I started mountain biking in 2002. I cross-train in running and swimming to keep in shape. I usually do my routine in hiking, climbing, running and biking solo, because (with calculated risk) I believe that attaining any sporting goals by yourself alone is the highest form of consolation, satisfaction and achievement that anybody can get, thereby playing your sports that make it one notch higher than playing it in the traditional way. I encourage people to live a healthy life by engaging and investing in sports. So enjoy your sports, specially biking. I have plotted most of my moderate to difficult mountain biking (MTB)routes for everyone to try and enjoy. Rest assure that these routes are doable and the pre-conditions set to every route are realistic. The routes are manually plotted though and anybody may depart from the plotted lines so long as it follows the general direction of the Route. However, the routes require a higher degree of specific biking skills, tough physical strength and endurance, lots of guts and strong determination. Considering the inherent danger the sport and the routes brings,

I DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY regarding untoward incidents resulting from the use of my published MTB routes in this website for the ground that the above mentioned requirements were unheeded.

Always remember when biking: carry your essentials,be safe, be friendly and respectful, be environment friendly and dispose of you trash properly. So, SAFE biking and ENJOY the ride!

May OUR TRIBE MULTIPLY.

I am in my Mid 50's also. I have lost 20Kg since my heart attack, and working on losing another 10Kg. If I tried doing what Ronnie does, I would be dead! I envy him though but Ronnie does seem somewhat fanatical about his fitness and performance regime, and doing it 'solo' and striving to do it "one notch higher" could be problematic if one gets into trouble and has an accident.

That is why we go on the Green Trail Rides, on our Motorcycles, in a Group usually. To lend assistance if one gets stuck or falls over, or has mechanical or electrical breakdown.
              Last edited by Britster; 11-08-2011, 23:37.

Comment

Originally posted by le_stat View Post
                im a new mtbiker and would like to know if we can see the trails especially here in the south- like nuvali to tagaytay trails via sta rosa ?
                IMHO most mtb trails in that area are already in the map. If you can identify landmarks (POIs like fastfood joints for example) in those areas, you can plot routes so you'll know distances and plan your ride accordingly. But nothing beats local knowledge so find a friend who's familiar with these areas...

Comment

im a newbie MTBiker

Originally posted by Loop View Post
                  NICE trails Sir!

MTBiker here...

To add up...try this sakto ride routes:

> Antenna Trail (Binangonan - Angono)
                  > Puting Bato (Antipolo - Boso Boso to Mang Vics Bulalo)
                  > Megatrail (Taytay)

Crank 'en Roll!
                  Hi sir Loop. Newbie MTBiker here.

Im excited to ride in some routes near our place in pasig. This recommendation are really appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gianconcepcion View Post
                    Hi sir Loop. Newbie MTBiker here.

Im excited to ride in some routes near our place in pasig. This recommendation are really appreciated. Thanks!
                    Welcome Sir! There also PinoyMTBerks here in RG and you can post an invites in proper thread if you want to ride with fellow MTBiker here...
                    If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Working...
                    X