Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of philippine municipalities with coordinates ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
    PS: i guess some body ought to be moving these discussions in the suggestions thread soon, lest we get reprimanded for OT-ness.
    nah! i've been quite bemused by your exchanges. i think this better stay here. i was thinking of moving this to the thread with which reiji is discussing his revised ncr polygons, but i'm having difficulty finding it (not my strong point really ). i think the next best thing is to keep it here and let other people join the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
      nah! i've been quite bemused by your exchanges. i think this better stay here. i was thinking of moving this to the thread with which reiji is discussing his revised ncr polygons, but i'm having difficulty finding it (not my strong point really ). i think the next best thing is to keep it here and let other people join the discussion.
      Ok pokz, thanks!

And then, find attached all the 1647 municipality boarder tracks as gdb!

Hope this can be incorporated either as borderlines or shaded polys as discussed above? Hope somebody has the time for the editing needed?

TIA
      Attached Files
      Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
        Ok pokz, thanks!

And then, find attached all the 1647 municipality boarder tracks as gdb!

Hope this can be incorporated either as borderlines or shaded polys as discussed above? Hope somebody has the time for the editing needed?

TIA
        thanks kuya. that's nice. we do currently use city polygons in processing our map, but jan admits it's not perfect. i'm sure he'll take a look at this when he comes back and see which is more accurate. for the meantime, maybe we can verify the accuracy by looking at boundaries of places familiar to us, just as what b2bomber has started. and maybe reiji can also compare his ncr polygons with this.

Comment

@pokz - alrightey then.

@jonatle - did you take out (or segregate) the water polygons (Paoay lake, Laguna Lake, Taal & Crater Lake, Bato lake, etc.)? sorry, I won't try DLing your file attachment out here offshore, as our net's slow.
          ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

@pokz - alrightey then.

@jonatle - did you take out (or segregate) the water polygons (Paoay lake, Laguna Lake, Taal & Crater Lake, Bato lake, etc.)? sorry, I won't try DLing your file attachment out here offshore, as our net's slow.
            No I did'nt remove the lakes etc.

Comment

i was thinking of moving this to the thread with which reiji is discussing his revised ncr polygons, but i'm having difficulty finding it (not my strong point really )
              I stumbled upon a post, but not an independent thread.

Anyway, I just remembered to check up north again 'coz I remembered that some of my welcome arches didn't really match with the borders from these files. Lo and behold, it looks like will have to do some research IRL 'coz I can't seem to get accurate data (or it's just my search parameters) off the internet.
              e.g.
              Naguilian-Bauang (La Union) Boundaries - I'm quite familiar with Brgy Cabaritan Norte and where it is being shown in the gadm files are off.
              Rosario, La Union-Sison, Pangasinan Boundaries - AFAIK, the three gas stations (Caltex, Shell and Petron) are all within a barangay belonging to Rosario.

The coastal ones are or the ones around bodies of water are easy 'coz you could always do a View-->Show Google Maps and edit the polygons from there.

As for verifying the accuracy, maybe we could assign a thread and a standard of collaborating with each other on what has been edited, found, etc. -- say, a listing of the items edited or attachments of the bookmarks from gpsmapedit. Just a thought...

PS: While thinking about the coloring/shading suggested by jonatle - I stumbled upon a nice read: Four Color Theorem.
              Last edited by B2Bomber; 08-18-2010, 15:30.
              ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Well, it does look like RGPh was derived from this GADM files, see attached. On the left is the imported shape file in GPSMapEdit, on the right is the converted GPX file against the RGPh 1.13j map.
                Hence, any corrections on the GADM would most definitely benefit the RGPh map.
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, it does look like RGPh was derived from this GADM files, see attached. On the left is the imported shape file in GPSMapEdit, on the right is the converted GPX file against the RGPh 1.13j map.
                  Hence, any corrections on the GADM would most definitely benefit the RGPh map.
                  i certainly wished the gadm is different from what we are currently using, just to have a basis for improving the accuracy of our boundaries. i'm not sure how often the gadm is corrected, if it is corrected at all. i guess we just have to continue checking and adjusting the boundaries by ourselves. not an easy task imho. but then again, just another challenge for us. maybe we do need that thread solely for boundary issues.

Comment

GADM Datasets

Hi guys, just a word of caution regarding the use of GADM shapefiles, their organization clearly states the following terms "This dataset is freely available for academic and other non-commercial use. Redistribution, or commercial use, is not allowed without prior permission." This is also true for data gleaned from sources such as Philgis, etc.

As I understand now that JKLinc has entered into a commercial agreement with Papago and will be providing maps for commercial use based on contributions from this forum then any data taken from the above sources and incorporated into said maps will be in violation of the usage as stated above.

Just a quick heads up.
                    The more you ignore me, the closer I get...

Comment

Originally posted by LR-7 View Post
                      Hi guys, just a word of caution regarding the use of GADM shapefiles, their organization clearly states the following terms "This dataset is freely available for academic and other non-commercial use. Redistribution, or commercial use, is not allowed without prior permission." This is also true for data gleaned from sources such as Philgis, etc.

As I understand now that JKLinc has entered into a commercial agreement with Papago and will be providing maps for commercial use based on contributions from this forum then any data taken from the above sources and incorporated into said maps will be in violation of the usage as stated above.

Just a quick heads up.
                      Ohh yes! But then we include this ONLY in the contributor version! Statement from JKlinck, as I remember, is that the papago map will never be equal or better than the contributor map, so if we keep it like that it should'nt be a violation as the contributor map is free!

Comment

GIS Data

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
                        Ohh yes! But then we include this ONLY in the contributor version! Statement from JKlinck, as I remember, is that the papago map will never be equal or better than the contributor map, so if we keep it like that it should'nt be a violation as the contributor map is free!
                        Exactly. I have no qualms about having the data exclusively for the 'contributors' version of the map. This was never an issue before the introduction of the commercial map sets. However, now that the data for both map sets (Garmin & Papago) will be coming from the forum regardless of whether or not it is inferior to what we have access to as contributor's, since we officially have no say as to what get's placed on the Papago version, it will be prudent on our part to at least be aware of where we get our data from now on. As earlier posted, some of the data previously incorporated into our maps were actually taken from GADM - no issue before since at the time it was compiled/ encoded the end result was for free distribution. This is no longer true for future map sets as there is already a commercial aspect to Roadguide.ph maps.
                        The more you ignore me, the closer I get...

Comment

This issue is not a concern for Rg contributors but to JKlinc. They are the ones with a commercial agreement with Papago.

Comment

OT: CMIIW but I think it was implied before that the community has no say with the regards to what JKLInc and Maction's business even if (I guess) some/most(/I don't know to what extent) of the data on the papago map was from the community. Hence, IMO, from the community POV, the community is not in violation of anything if the GADM data is used in the community map, as this is a non-commercial map. So, if Curon Island appears the same in the Papago Map as the GADM's shape file, well, that is not for us to worry about 'coz it's beyond our league. Oh, and who knows, maybe JKLInc did get permission from GADM. ;-)
                            However, I do still agree that the community still has to be prudent with what they contribute to the map, for the free maps them selves (setting aside the thought that these contributions could end up in future updates of papago maps, as this is a JKLInc affair, not the community's AFAIK) - we still wouldn't want to be dealt with an infringement blow by other entities, specially the ones who don't have open licenses for their works, lest we want to make daimengrui busy. :-)
                            @LR-7 - with regards to
                            Originally posted by LR-7
                            ...now that the data for both map sets (Garmin & Papago)...
                            are you saying that there is a commercial RGPh-derived Garmin map now also (or atleast in the works)?

BTT:

@pokz are we still pushing through with the boundary thread? I would suggest a set of collaboration rules ought to be put in place so as not to see areas being redone and other areas being left out.
                            Last edited by B2Bomber; 08-19-2010, 22:45.

Comment

are you saying that there is a commercial RGPh-derived Garmin map now also (or atleast in the works)?

BTT:
                              @pokz are we still pushing through with the boundary thread? I would suggest a set of collaboration rules ought to be put in place so as not to see areas being redone and other areas being left out.
                              1. afaik, there is no rg derived commercial map for garmin yet, even in the planning stage

2. we will push through with the boundaries thread. but we will discuss it first on the coming eb so that we can get the opinions of other senior members especially reiji. expect the thread to come into life soon after the eb.

Comment

got some mapping tools with come out of different list of barangay's,...brgy's boundary, municipal boundary...etc wonder how to convert them to be able to load them up in Garmin total data files is 52GB

Comment

Working...
                                X