Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of philippine municipalities with coordinates ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be aware!

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
    @ B2BOMBER

I'm as well not into thinkering with TYP files, unfortunally I dont have time for it! However there is other guys like Suntzu and hbt for instance that is good at that

I've attached a mp file here where I've included the province boundaries and cities ( Municipalities) from those shape files (PHL_adm). I enterd some levels so municipalities shows from 3km and below, and only provinces above that. Made different colours for a few Cities in NCR for illustration. Ofcourse the colours here are way to bright and distinct, but if the TYP gurus could get to work and fade it down to more subtile and eye friendly shades, this could work quite well? The Province boundaries I've converted to polylines just for ilustration and that makest the labels for this not so good, would be better if it was a poly as the label is in the middle of the area then?

As mentioned, this is only to illustrate roughly how I picture this could be?

Ofcourse the discrapancies in relation to our map has to be rectified as well, but belive that would mostly be for the coastline?
    This could be solved by converting to polyline and remove or redraw that parts?

So TYP masters and poly freaks please go to work :sly:

TIA
    BE AWARE!
    The attachement "Philippines_Provinces & Municipalities.rar" to the above post, earlier in this thread, has an error, ie. the shape files was imported into mapedit with the wrong datum by a mistake, when importing I did 'nt notice the datum in mapedits import wizard was sat to "Zanderij" ? I discovered this when overlaying in GE. Anyway, this file was only for illustrating the possibility for coloured polys for the municipalities.

However the following post with all the 1647 municipalities as tracks (gpx), was imported with datum WGS 84 and it also looks more in line with GE.

Ok pokz, thanks!

And then, find attached all the 1647 municipality boarder tracks as gdb!

Hope this can be incorporated either as borderlines or shaded polys as discussed above? Hope somebody has the time for the editing needed?

TIA
    Philippine_Municipality boarder tracks.rar

Further regarding accuracy, it looks to me that the contours of our RG map is equal, to this data, exept where we (contributors) has submitted GE polygon traces of the coast line etc. ? Like mentioned earlier in this thread, maybe this is where some of the initial data for our map came from? Then in my opinion we could apply the municipal boarders as well even though there is some discrapansies? Then we could, as suggested, submitt updates or corrections? Problem though is to establish guidlines on how this can be done correctly?

Guess this will be a topic on the upcoming EB 2day?
    Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

@marcus - are you saying the falcon view you're using has an internal database of these boundaries?if so then, my guess is, i don't think that would be a viable source unless it's part of the open-license of falcon view.

@jonatle - yeah, the municipal boundaries would still be ok to use IMO.
      Last edited by B2Bomber; 08-21-2010, 16:01.
      ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

yep i know mate...i opened it with almost garmin mapping tools the one i downloaded here 'PHL boundaries' no luck then i opened it with FV i tried also opening it with ARCmap just fine opening w/o error

Comment

OT: @marcus - oh, ok. so it's not from FV itself,where'd you get your data from?

BTT: stumbled upon these PDF administrative mapsin the provincial level
          ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

@ B2BOMBER

I'm as well not into thinkering with TYP files, unfortunally I dont have time for it! However there is other guys like Suntzu and hbt for instance that is good at that

I've attached a mp file here where I've included the province boundaries and cities ( Municipalities) from those shape files (PHL_adm). I enterd some levels so municipalities shows from 3km and below, and only provinces above that. Made different colours for a few Cities in NCR for illustration. Ofcourse the colours here are way to bright and distinct, but if the TYP gurus could get to work and fade it down to more subtile and eye friendly shades, this could work quite well? The Province boundaries I've converted to polylines just for ilustration and that makest the labels for this not so good, would be better if it was a poly as the label is in the middle of the area then?

As mentioned, this is only to illustrate roughly how I picture this could be?

Ofcourse the discrapancies in relation to our map has to be rectified as well, but belive that would mostly be for the coastline?
            This could be solved by converting to polyline and remove or redraw that parts?

So TYP masters and poly freaks please go to work :sly:

TIA
            looks really bad in the map, interferes heavily with the visual display... was tried before and immediately removed again at majorities request
            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

saw this when I was looking for free GIS data:

http://www.freewebstore.org/Metro-Manila-Street-Map

may nakasubok na bang bumili nito?

Comment

Boundaries

I just found this thread, and I see its been quiet for a while.

May I suggest that the data that we acquire from the various departments, could they be allowed on the map only as a layer, like the POI's for the contributors information, here I am guessing a suggestion, but at a level which cannot be uploaded to the Garmins, so they are for desk planning only, we could the same one for the Manila plating areas, at the moment I am using a track route supplied by Jan for planning on Basecamp and Mapsource etc, when planning my journeys.

My personal want for making tracks, is a mapedit layer showing all the barangays.

I would find this so useful, I am not as computer literate as many of you but I would love to have the BGy information for tracking work I am also doing for RG PH.

POKZ I would need your help in setting this up in my Mapedit hahaha.

Last edited by jnieurzyla; 10-07-2013, 13:54.

Comment

the layer would be easy enough. problem would be data and their accuracy.

Comment

[QUOTE=pokz;80573]the layer would be easy enough. problem would be data and their accuracy.[/Q

And the spelling, I have noticed a few places with different spelling ie Caloocan, Kaloocan etc etc.

I was hoping that we get a hold somewhere these lists, assuming they actually exist, even then I don't suppose that they were all pooled into one place, ie a government department some where.

Maybe in Comelec????? I do not have the info on the details, but I think that would be the best place to start??

At the end of the day, accuracy could be about 90% which for our use will be reasonable in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
                      I was hoping that we get a hold somewhere these lists, assuming they actually exist, even then I don't suppose that they were all pooled into one place, ie a government department some where.
                      The Philippine Standard Geographic Code published by the National Statistical Coordination Board is a good place to start: http://www.nscb.gov.ph/activestats/psgc/

They contain information on all local government units (provinces, cities, municipalities, barangays). There are some inaccuracies though. For example, they list the the town in Cagayan as "Sanchez-Mira", but the actual name doesn't have a hyphen "Sanchez Mira".

Comment

Barangays and thei locations

Thank you seav, that is great, so now I can get the names and spelling correct

I am still looking for a barangay location maps, in GE and Bing they show villages but no names, and the EZ maps do not really correlate their villages in the correct place according to GE.

Does such a map exist??

Thank you again.

John

Comment

Thank you seav, that is great, so now I can get the names and spelling correct

I am still looking for a barangay location maps, in GE and Bing they show villages but no names, and the EZ maps do not really correlate their villages in the correct place according to GE.

Does such a map exist??

Thank you again.

John
                          Yes John, the shapefiles for barangay maps all over the PHilippines is available. Please see attached example for Misamis Oriental
                          Attached Files
                          d1754
                          "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                          those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                          . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Barangay locations

Thank you D1754, I would appreciate if you could send me the link of the location for these, any information would be gratefully received.
                            John

Comment

Thank you D1754, I would appreciate if you could send me the link of the location for these, any information would be gratefully received.
                              John
                              AFAIK, my agency bought it from National Statistics Coordinating Board (NSCB). PM me for more info.
                              Last edited by d1754; 10-13-2013, 10:07.
                              d1754
                              "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                              those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                              . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Working...
                              X