Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of philippine municipalities with coordinates ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of philippine municipalities with coordinates ..

I am looking for an electronic list of municipalities with their respective coordinates.
    Anyone here to share such a file? (It would be perfect, if the region is included)

Thanks in advance ...

Originally posted by Sackgesicht View Post
    I am looking for an electronic list of municipalities with their respective coordinates.
    Anyone here to share such a file? (It would be perfect, if the region is included)

Thanks in advance ...
    Not really sure, but maybe NAMRIA has the list you are looking for...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Not really sure, but maybe NAMRIA has the list you are looking for...
      thanks, i tried already earlier to access their webpage for a research, but it is down in the moment ...
      http://www.namria.gov.ph/

Comment

hallo. i am not sure as well but maybe they can help or refer to other company.
        http://www.aag.com.ph/
        "music for the road?" @ free-mp3.ph

Comment

hi,,,

have you tried downloading from NIMA-GNS....its a useful one..

Comment

Thanks in advance ...
            Try contacting DA-BAR (Dept of agriculture in quezon city). Then can provide you with that kind of information. However, if you want the municipalities' respective coordinates, it can be quite tricky. Municipalities are areas (or polygons), and coordinates poertain to points only. If you want a point within a polygon, it's easy. But where inside that polygon do you want those points? In GIS we usually conisder centroids. But it is for other uses, you should clarify the location of the points you want within the municiaplity.

Comment

I was able to find a nice set of "administrative areas" up to the barangay level. Region/Province/Municipality seems complete .. ;-)

If someone is interested .. http://diva-gis.org/data/adm/PHL_adm.zip

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

I was able to find a nice set of "administrative areas" up to the barangay level. Region/Province/Municipality seems complete .. ;-)

Thanks for sharing this data sir Sackgesicht...

OT: i have a question though, how can i convert it to UTM?
                  [COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Garmin GPSmap 76CSx[/COLOR]

Comment

Tried opening the files with mapedit, but failed. Anyone who knows how to convert this to a format readable by mapedit or maybe even Mapsource?

Would love to have the the municipalities in different coloures in our map to easily showing their boundaries. Maybe this data can be used for this purpose?

Anyone?
                    Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

@jonatle - Just import (Files--> Import --> ESRI Shape Files) the shape files to gpsmapedit if you want to work on them there. For conversion to mapsource compatible format, like .gpx, you can use expertgps (for a straight forward conversion), or use shape to gpx converters or do it the long way by importing it in gpsmapedit first converting to .mp and then converting to .gpx. Alternatively, if you have a means of converting from kmz to whatever format you need it to be in, you can also download the .kmz version.

however, IMHO, specifying borders would be better rather than making the map multi-colored municipalities -- say,border visibility maybe up to Zoomx=2 or 3. The C map is a sat nav map after all and not an admin map.

hth
                      Last edited by B2Bomber; 08-17-2010, 16:04.
                      ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
                        @jonatle - Just import (Files--> Import --> ESRI Shape Files) the shape files to gpsmapedit if you want to work on them there. For conversion to mapsource compatible format, like .gpx, you can use expertgps (for a straight forward conversion), or use shape to gpx converters or do it the long way by importing it in gpsmapedit first converting to .mp and then converting to .gpx. Alternatively, if you have a means of converting from kmz to whatever format you need it to be in, you can also download the .kmz version.

however, IMHO, specifying borders would be better rather than making the map multi-colored municipalities -- say,border visibility maybe up to Zoomx=2 or 3. The C map is a sat nav map after all and not an admin map.

hth
                        Thank you very much indeed!
                        Maybe not multi coloured, agree that it would look cluttered! I was more thinking about different shades or simmilar, thats how it's done in original garmin city navigator maps, US, EU etc. Would find that quite useful to know in an instance weather you are in Las Pinas City, Bacoor or Paranaque and so on?
                        Ofcourse how to visualize it, is a matter of taste!?
                        If I remember right, this has been a whish earlier, at least it has been suggested, but the issue has been getting the data for the bondaries? If this files contains this data and can be utilised, the problem is solved?
                        Maybe Jan and the admin's can have a look at this? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
                          Thank you very much indeed!
                          Anytime.
                          Originally posted by jonatle
                          ...Would find that quite useful to know in an instance weather you are in Las Pinas City, Bacoor or Paranaque and so on?
                          Agree. That's why I've been looking for such an info ever since I started contributing as I usually organize my contris based on municipality/city.
                          Ofcourse how to visualize it, is a matter of taste!?
                          I guess if you know how to make TYP files, that might help, y'know, create your own TYP file to suit your display needs. I for one am still far from tinkering with TYP files.
                          If I remember right, this has been a whish earlier, at least it has been suggested, but the issue has been getting the data for the bondaries? If this files contains this data and can be utilised, the problem is solved?
                          Maybe Jan and the admin's can have a look at this? TIA
                          From my observations, this is basically the basis of the polygon that's being used in the RG.Ph map at the moment -- try to convert (atleast) the admin_0 shape into .gpx and you'll see what I mean. However, I've been playing with it for a while, I'm down in Albay now (I mean on the gpsmapedit. :-D) and have only noticed minimal discrepancies. Well, I am just referring to discrepancies where I'm familiar with the place - e.g. the boundary between La Union and Pangasinan. I actually have another set of polygons (but it's just up to provincial level) that I try to compare with this set and see whether I can try to sort out the discrepancies, based on these two polygon sets (GADM-sourced, my provincial polygons source) and other sources.
                          Last edited by B2Bomber; 08-17-2010, 18:41.

Comment

@ B2BOMBER

I'm as well not into thinkering with TYP files, unfortunally I dont have time for it! However there is other guys like Suntzu and hbt for instance that is good at that

I've attached a mp file here where I've included the province boundaries and cities ( Municipalities) from those shape files (PHL_adm). I enterd some levels so municipalities shows from 3km and below, and only provinces above that. Made different colours for a few Cities in NCR for illustration. Ofcourse the colours here are way to bright and distinct, but if the TYP gurus could get to work and fade it down to more subtile and eye friendly shades, this could work quite well? The Province boundaries I've converted to polylines just for ilustration and that makest the labels for this not so good, would be better if it was a poly as the label is in the middle of the area then?

As mentioned, this is only to illustrate roughly how I picture this could be?

Ofcourse the discrapancies in relation to our map has to be rectified as well, but belive that would mostly be for the coastline?
                            This could be solved by converting to polyline and remove or redraw that parts?

So TYP masters and poly freaks please go to work :sly:

TIA
                            Attached Files

Comment

imo coastline discrepancies are ok, it's the inland ones I'm more worried about. e.g. La Union-Pangasinan boundary, specifically the Rosario-Sison boundary.

if they shades would be introduced, i'd vote for the polygon, if not, i'd rather have the polyline as its name should appear as you drive past it in nav mode.

PS: i guess some body ought to be moving these discussions in the suggestions thread soon, lest we get reprimanded for OT-ness.

Comment

Working...
                              X