This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Skywoolf

it seems to me that with your case, the map that your transferring is already installed in the system.

the case with art2rugrace is that he/she doesn't have the roadguide map installed on the system and the current distribution of the roadguide map is a windows-based installer only.
    got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

The files I am referring to are those downloaded from this site. When you request a map you get links to download Mac or Windows files. I download the img file and the file for Roadtrip.

Comment

i'm not sure if they're still available or my search-fu has grown weak. do you happen to have those links?

Comment

I assume you mean the Mac software? If so try this:

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...cosx&submit=Go

Comment

Sorry I made an error. I said the files downloaded from this site but they were downloaded from the main Open Street Map site. Are they the same formats or is the Philippines site Windoze only?

Comment

looks like we're not on the same page.

i was referring to the roadguide map w/c art2rugrace was requesting if there's a mac-compatible d/l since the installer was windows-based only. part of art2rugrace's post already indicated that he/she found a mac-compatible openstreet map.

i too was hoping to find a direct d/l for a roadguide map that can be used directly with a mac since i'd like to give a copy to a friend. i guess i have to convert em manually...

Comment

OK. I use OpenStreetMap which does produce Mac compatible files so its not a problem.

Comment

Gurus,

I have followed the step by step guide to have the ph demo map to load up to roadtrip but to no avail.

I have asked a friend to convert the philrout in mapconverter for windows and i have it on file.

I, then, double-clicked on the image and this window opened.

Notice that there is nothing written on the dialogue box.

After clicking on install, this is what appeared.

It says map was installed successfully.

But when I open Roadtrip, it doesn't reflect. What gives? What am I doing wrong? Is Philrout.gmapi even the correct file?

I'm so dizzy alreaady. Hope you can help.

TIA!
                  Last edited by direkyey; 06-29-2010, 11:53.

Comment

Originally posted by direkyey View Post
                    It says map was installed successfully.

But when I open Roadtrip, it doesn't reflect. What gives? What am I doing wrong? Is Philrout.gmapi even the correct file?

I'm so dizzy alreaady. Hope you can help.

TIA!
                    Please hang in there and wait a while for our MAC gurus... I've no MAC to work with right now and the MAC install i did was last year and i can't seem to recall how the install went, only that it was successful and the Roadguide map appears in Roadtrip same as in Mapsource...

Comment

Thanks, Sir! I ill be waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        tell you what, you teach us how to embed an eula in a zipped file for macintoa and well gladly post the macintosh version.
                        izpack seems like a viable option for creating a roadguide ph installer for the mac...

Comment

@direkyey
                          maybe something went wrong with the conversion... the 2nd image on your post seems to indicate that there's no map included in the gmapi file. what's the size of philrout.gmapi? it should be around 27mb+.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
                            @direkyey
                            maybe something went wrong with the conversion... the 2nd image on your post seems to indicate that there's no map included in the gmapi file. what's the size of philrout.gmapi? it should be around 27mb+.
                            I just checked and the size is 29.3mb.

Comment

Finally got the the ph map running on Roadtrip! It was the compression of the map when sent to me that was the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Update:

Roadguide 1.13 no longer works with garmin mapinstall.

Map remains locked.

Don't update your mac os garmin apps just yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X