Using Bing maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Bing maps

I have just returned from Mindoro, and found a total lack of roads and data outside the main tourist area.
    I collected road names while on the main highway, and found the roads did not exist on RG, so I looked at google earth only to find most of the area had not been cleared up, I then checked wikimapia, and they use GE, but also Bing maps, now Bing shows all the roads that I want to index, but how do I get the track info from Bing, it does not display the co-ordinates etc.
    Any ideas please???
    John

Thank you, Doki, Bing satellite is very good covering Victoria in Mindoro, google has not bothered yet, only I am unable to lift the coordinates from that display, but bing maps does allow it, only when I cross reference them to basecamp, Victoria high street is 50 km to east in the water hahaha, some thing is askew.
    I will see if I can try to build up a better picture of the streets.
    John
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
      I have just returned from Mindoro, and found a total lack of roads and data outside the main tourist area.
      I collected road names while on the main highway, and found the roads did not exist on RG, so I looked at google earth only to find most of the area had not been cleared up, I then checked wikimapia, and they use GE, but also Bing maps, now Bing shows all the roads that I want to index, but how do I get the track info from Bing, it does not display the co-ordinates etc.
      Any ideas please???
      John
      Thanks for the info. I will be there this August doing some projects. I might be able to do some 1s track on the two province of Mindoro.
      d1754
      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Thank you, Doki, Bing satellite is very good covering Victoria in Mindoro, google has not bothered yet, only I am unable to lift the coordinates from that display, but bing maps does allow it, only when I cross reference them to basecamp, Victoria high street is 50 km to east in the water hahaha, some thing is askew.
        I will see if I can try to build up a better picture of the streets.
        John
        my humble contribution
        Attached Files
        Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
        - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Mindoro

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
          my humble contribution
          Thank you they did make a difference to my very low ratio of road names,, my excuse was I was in a very fast car, as a passenger, therefore was unable to retrieve all that I wanted.

I have also included all the tracks in submissions you sent me, so some of the names will make sense, but also the blanks also, is that ok?

Comment

Lifting tracks from Bing satellite

Back to my original question, is their a way that tracks can be lifted from Bing satellite, so I can include them on RG tracks?

Comment

Thank you they did make a difference to my very low ratio of road names,, my excuse was I was in a very fast car, as a passenger, therefore was unable to retrieve all that I wanted.

I have also included all the tracks in submissions you sent me, so some of the names will make sense, but also the blanks also, is that ok?
              Yes of course its OK
              Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Comment

Back to my original question, is their a way that tracks can be lifted from Bing satellite, so I can include them on RG tracks?
                PM sent

Comment

Gpsmapedit 2.0

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
                  How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

wow, hahaha

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                    PM sent
                    Thank you for the guide, tonight I had time to play around and test it, I will have to use it a little more to get familiar, but I did it yahhhoooo.
                    Thank you for your help. I owe you
                    Now the real work begins

Comment

Photos of my procedure

Good afternoon,
                      I have included the photo sequence that I used to create the tracks, as you can see I believe I followed exactly the way you described, but in the last photo5 the road on GE is over to the left, also it has zoomed in, the overlay cannot be dragged that far over to lay ontop of the previous marked road.
                      So am I to assume if I work out what the zoom factor is in GE, then calculate everything to that zoom, it should work?
                      How are you making it happen?? hehehe

John
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X