X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Moon

Super moon viewed from Southern Philippines

Canon Rebel T3i with 55-250mm EF-S Zoom lens
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Nice shot!
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Comment

i miss this one..i have already setup my telescope then but unfortunately nature didnt cooperate.. too cloudy hazy and unclear sky!grrrr!

Comment

dont worry kuya, Next one will appear on August 10,2014 .

Comment

I took a shot of the full moon Dec 25 2004, not knowing that it was almost at its farthest distance. I again took a shot on March 19 2011, a supermoon. The difference in size due to being nearer by 48,300 km is quite apparent.

Comment

the moon is wobblin'

nice shot kuya kinyo

Comment

the moon do wobble but not much as in my pics

the "north" of the moon is around 9 o'clock of 2011 shot, taken when the moon is above the eastern horizon ... looking east, north will be to your left

in 2004, the moon was almost overhead, and i must be facing north when taken, hence, the "north" of the moon is around 6 o'clock

although the moon do not have magnetic poles, i call "north" of the moon as the same pole that points to "north star" similar to earth

here's how the moon wobbles, otherwise known as "lunar libraton" says wiki (notice proper moon's "north" at 12 o'clock)

Comment

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

The Partial Solar eclipse on the morning of March 9, 2016.

Last edited by kinyo; 03-11-2016, 19:40.

Comment

Working...
                    X