X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relax, we are always here to help you

Comment

Traffic Flow in BaseCamp

How can i verify the traffic flow in BaseCamp?

The reason for this questions is i want to contribute traffic flow directions (e.g One Way, No Left/Right Turn).

Comment

Hello John

If your are submitting a track that is one-way, then you can mark one end of the track with a way point "A" and at the other end add a waypoint B" and add a note in your submission saying traffic flow one-way A to B.

John
        Lipa, BTG

Comment

Just a follow up question, on BaseCamp using RG Demo map how can i know if the certain road has some traffic tags already? I've been looking into the tools but i cannot see any option to show it on the map

Thanks for the instructions for the tagging traffic flow.

Comment

Unfortunately Basecamp does not show these details, maybe you suggest it to them? the program is always being developed with add ons by Garmin.

John

Comment

One thing also is that the Demo Map does not have any turn or one way restriction in them. This was put in by RG ever since I joined. Of course the contributor's map and the free map has those restrictions.

To test it, you can use the free map and then do as what John suggested, using the route tool from point A to Point B, if there is a restriction the route will follow it. But not on Demo map though.

I am not sure if the Admins/mappers will agree for Newbies to just contribute restrictions using Demo Map.

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Cool this workaround is doable , Will try later

Comment

same here.

Stuck with mapsource.

and stuck with WinXP as well, so Garmin Express hates me now. LOL

Comment

John,

Please understand though that the work around using the free map is not really a work around.
                    Reason is that the free map is V2.0 while the contributor's map is now V2.40 which means many one way streets and restrictions might have been added by then.

What I was wondering is, if you should just try to submit those turn restrictions anyway, and the admins might be willing to do the check if they are there already or not.

Deo, as it is, my PC does not have Garmin express at all.

By the way, technically we are out of topic here coz this is for topic for Basecamp. Not for turn restrictions

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

Working...
                    X