How to use basecamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

its been some time since i have logged in.last time i have updated my garmin was about last feb 2013. i don't have any windows based pc anymore and am using a mac so i don't have any road guide anymore. i installed base camp and can't seem to import my old map into base camp. i have read through the other thread about base camp, but that mentions that there should be road guide installed also for smooth installation. how do i go about this? under maps on base camp, it only shows City Navigator North America and no Roadguide PH map. But only my device, it shows that i have road guide PH maps installed.

need help. thanks.

Comment

So I am to assume you have installed a new version of Basecamp onto your Mac.
      And have tried to re-download and installed the latest version of of RG as a new installation in the correct sequence of downloading the standard version first, then the full and latest version.
      As for you own data, this will downloaded from your Garmin, and then you save it. This can be now be saved and backed up with Garmin in Basecamp using their free cloud back up.

John

Originally posted by le_stat View Post
      Hi!

its been some time since i have logged in.last time i have updated my garmin was about last feb 2013. i don't have any windows based pc anymore and am using a mac so i don't have any road guide anymore. i installed base camp and can't seem to import my old map into base camp. i have read through the other thread about base camp, but that mentions that there should be road guide installed also for smooth installation. how do i go about this? under maps on base camp, it only shows City Navigator North America and no RoadGuide PH map. But only my device, it shows that i have road guide PH maps installed.

need help. thanks.

Comment

is the philippine map updated if i download 4.2.5?

Comment

Basecamp updates

Good morning John, Yes basecamp is updated, every time you open the program it goes on line and checks for updates, these updates are about every 6 weeks and are automatic, so relax and enjoy
          John

Comment

where can i download the latest philippine map? newbie here

Comment

Go to this part on the Forums page..

https://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdis...ppines-GPS-Map

John

Comment

thanks a lot! just downloaded the map. still not updated though. TPLEX is not yet in the map

Comment

If you are still using the free map, then unfortunately that will not be showing. It is displayed on the members full map, so if you have not completed the joining instructions, then why not use the TPLEX as part of your submissions to increase your chances of being a full member, I look forward to seeing you future submissions

John

Comment

Almost sure TPLEX is there already.

You should download and check the "Demo Map".

https://roadguide.ph/forums/showthre...atest-Demo-Map

We are now in Version 2.35 if I am not mistaken.

Please note that Demo map cannot be loaded to any device, except basecamp/mapsource, it is primarily to be used as reference for Junior members to see what is in the latest map, so they can contribute.

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
                      If you are still using the free map, then unfortunately that will not be showing. It is displayed on the members full map, so if you have not completed the joining instructions, then why not use the TPLEX as part of your submissions to increase your chances of being a full member, I look forward to seeing you future submissions

John
                      willing to contribute sir john i will try my best to contibute northern luzon area part

Comment

Doppleganger,

Very glad to note that you are interested/willing to contribute.

If you already installed the latest demo map, you are partly equipped to start contributing.

You mentioned you are from the north, if you don't mind, please tell me which town/city (you may pm me if you dont' want your area public). I will try my best to help you by giving you tips on where to go contribution hunting in your neighborhood I am not from the North, I will just give you tips on what to look for.

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

thanks for this.

im planning to go on manila-tagaytay road trip this weekend and i just updated my map using basecamp.

Comment

having problems with my nuvi 1390 and nuvi 1350

HELP....

not a techy.... donwnloaded both the mapsource and the phil map but keep on getting cannot install mapsource and on the philippine map while installing it..cannot create message.

getting frustrated.. hope someone can PM me and give me a DUMMY Step by Step guide ti load the map to my unit

Jojo 09178126347 -- to those who wish to help

Comment

Jo, forget to use Mapsource, delete Mapsource.

Instead download Basecamp the link is on the forum main page

Then install the map again, and you should see the map,

Read the Basecamp instructions also on the main forum, if you have any further problems please ask.

John

Comment

Basecamp

Having been a Mapsource user for how many years now... I finally was able to force myself (PC crash) to install Basecamp on the desktop.....
                                Wish me luck!

P.S. I still have mapsource on the laptop (as a backup) :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X