Problem with Navitel 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Navitel 5.0

Hi guys, I have used Navitel and the RG map for a while but something happened either after I upgraded my Android OS or my Navitel. The problem is limited only to the rendering of corners and during voice navigation where the navigator keeps on saying "bear right(or left), nth exit" every time there is an intersection even though you are just supposed to go straight. The problem is minor as you still get to your destination, it is just irritating. I guess the two problems are related. Is this true for all?
    Hera are my details -

Android OS 2.3.5 and 4.1.2
    Navitel 5.0.0.1069 and 5.0.4.0

I tried on both OS and Navitel Versions.
    What puzzles me is that this did not happen before, I just don't know what I did to make this happen.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by zedric99; 03-17-2013, 01:17.

I am using version 5.0.2 on Android 4.04

Do not have this problem myself.

One thing you might want to look into is to try to change settings/Navigation/Guidance Then change the settings for distance and off route. Not 100% sure this will solve your problem though. Please search the forum a bit more I know there was another member who had a similar concern some months ago.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
      I am using version 5.0.2 on Android 4.04

Do not have this problem myself.

One thing you might want to look into is to try to change settings/Navigation/Guidance Then change the settings for distance and off route. Not 100% sure this will solve your problem though. Please search the forum a bit more I know there was another member who had a similar concern some months ago.

TTFN
      Arvin
      Thanks. I realized it must have been the Navitel version after I saw that in the forum the common version mentioned was 5.0.1.754 and not my versions. i probably erroneously installed a different version after i changed phone. 5.0.1.754 is now working on both phones. I'm happy again.

Comment

any links to the working navitel version? the one in google play (latest version) cant open nm2 map
        http://davao-uas.com/

Comment

here's the link to navitel v5.0.1.754.

other versions are also still available directly from navitel's site. you just have to 'adjust' the link above with the proper version or filename.
          got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Thanks! will give it a go and report - using HTC oneX on Android 4.1
            New phone, new problems... hehehe
            http://davao-uas.com/

Comment

Lastest Navitel to download

Please help me find a link to downlad the nm2 most latest map update for PH

Comment

It's here:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4402

Comment

Hi guys. Newbie here. Where can I buy and download the Navitel 5.0? The current one in their website is version 7.5. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ronanromero View Post
                    Hi guys. Newbie here. Where can I buy and download the Navitel 5.0? The current one in their website is version 7.5. Thanks
                    four posts above yours.

Comment

ooppsss. my bad i did not notice the link. sorry and thanks for that.

Comment

Problem with Navitel

Just wanted to report a problem with Navitel

our NM2 format is only supported by Navitel V 5.5 and below, however anything Navitel version 7.5 and below now doesn't work with Android 4.2.2 and up, upgrading to Navitel 8 changes the map format and doesn't support .NM2 anymore...

is there anyway to upgrade our .NM2 map format for the latest Navitel version? (as this is the only long term solution I see, unless I'd stick to lower versions of android in which case the same problem still exists a year two from now where newer android devices would be at 4.3 or up)

Comment

Originally posted by Geekz View Post
                          Just wanted to report a problem with Navitel

our NM2 format is only supported by Navitel V 5.5 and below, however anything Navitel version 7.5 and below now doesn't work with Android 4.2.2 and up, upgrading to Navitel 8 changes the map format and doesn't support .NM2 anymore...

is there anyway to upgrade our .NM2 map format for the latest Navitel version? (as this is the only long term solution I see, unless I'd stick to lower versions of android in which case the same problem still exists a year two from now where newer android devices would be at 4.3 or up)
                          no solution for now really. we're stuck with what we have as we don't receive any technical support from navitel. that's also the reason why we rarely update map for navitel.

Comment

Working...
                          X