Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RORO schedules?

Hi,

in further future we would like to travel around. Where can i find a trusted schedules of RORO (roll on roll off) including fare prices?!

thanks in advance,

nono
    "music for the road?" @ free-mp3.ph

Originally posted by phtraveler View Post
    Hi,

in further future we would like to travel around. Where can i find a trusted schedules of RORO (roll on roll off) including fare prices?!

thanks in advance,

nono
    easy. schedules and fares have a habit of changing unanounced...
    these are more or less steady:
    batangas - calapan and vice versa : every hour - 24 hours
    tampi - santander and vice versa (dumaguete to cebu) about every 2 hours 5am till 23pm aboutish
    dumangas - bacolod and vice versa- every 2 hours (dont know schedule by heart)
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

I plan to do a trip around visayas and mindanao by motorcycle. Know any websites to check roro schedule and contact numbers? If not, how about ferry companies I can search for. I googled "philippine roro schedule" and nothing informative.

thanks in advance

Comment

Try this one

Fairly comprehensive with links direct to the shipping companies where available.

http://www.cebuboattrips.com/
        Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by hennme69c View Post
          Fairly comprehensive with links direct to the shipping companies where available.

i will try to check the RORO schedule for sorsogon to samar. although if i remember it correctly, they have schedule every 2 hours. will check the first and the last trip though. will post schedule soon.

Comment

Originally posted by hennme69c View Post

fantastic! thanks hennme69c. I'll check it out now.

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
              i will try to check the RORO schedule for sorsogon to samar. although if i remember it correctly, they have schedule every 2 hours. will check the first and the last trip though. will post schedule soon.
              Great Thanks doki, if I can get the roro companies and better even their website I can get even more details. Thanks again.
              Last edited by doki; 07-21-2010, 21:12.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyU View Post
                Great Thanks doki, if I can get the roro companies and better even their website I can get even more details. Thanks again.
                sorry for this late update. my friend told me that matnog to samar schedules are irregular since they leave every 2 hours. and 2 different shipping lines are catering the same route. you will have no problems travelling across even if you arrive at night. i have asked our fellow member cy es to check if there is a posted schedule on the pier when he goes back to matnog on weekend.
                Last edited by doki; 07-21-2010, 20:31.

Comment

Thanks doki's.

Just got back from an amazing 10 day ride across visayas and mindanao. 2,500 kms and 7 roro's. It's the best way to see the Philippines.

Yup, didn't have a problem with that roro from Allen to Matnog.

Last edited by doki; 07-21-2010, 20:31.

Comment

Got this schedule. however, they have the habit of changing schedules unannounced as sir Jan have mentioned.
                    Morning schedule:
                    Matnog, Sorsogon: 0200, 0430, 0600, 0800, 0900, 1130, 1230

Allen, Samar: 0245, 0345, 0415, 0615, 0715, 0745, 0945, 1115

Afternoon: (i think applicable for both areas-not sure though as this was passed to me by my friend from a bus company)
                    1315,1415,1445, 1645, 1745, 1815, 2015, 2145, 0045(midnight)

Comment

manila-cdo

pls provide info on how to travel via roro from manila to cagayan de oro. we need to be in cdo on june 18...hope u cud help us on this...thanks

ca

Comment

A friend of mine who is also a contri here in RG is planning a similar road trip first week of July so CA please post your findings here after your trip Would appreciate it.

But meantime, I think Doki's schedule and info still stands, it's almost every 2 hours in Matnog. Last November I did the trip and I missed the ferry that was obviously outgoing, but it was just a 1 hour wait until the next ferry started to load up.

Your next ferry would either be Liloan or San Ricardo Ferry Terminal both are in Leyte, unfortunately I do not know the schedules for these areas. Though I imagine you could go to Liloan first and see if you can take the ferry there, if not proceed to San Ricardo. San Ricardo is a shorter ferry ride than Liloan though and probably less crowded.

Check these out though:
                        http://schedule.ph/boat/from/Surigao/to/Liloan-So-Leyte

http://surigaoislands.com/surigao/in...southern-leyte

I am not sure if San Ricardo is in the 1.07 map, if it is not then download the Demo map 1.25 and make a Waypoint and load that waypoint into your GPSR so that you have them as your Favorite.

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Yes, that would be me going to Bukidnon For the crossing Matnog, Luzon to Allen, Samar timing doesn't look important, as there are plenty of boats even at night. Cost for bringing a car should be P2000+
                          In southern Leyte San Ricardo (aka Benit) is the place to go, as it is just a short 20km (45-90min) trip to Lipata, Surigao. This connection exists only since early this year, but roads are supposedly good while steep and winding at one point. Before people were boarding at Liloan already, but it is a 4 hour trip, plus a bit more expensive, at least P3500 for a car, while Ricardo seems to be at P2100/2500.
                          One driver is free, the rest pays, so put your family in the trunk first, hehehe.
                          Departure times in San Ricardo dated April 21, 2011 is 2 am 6 am 2pm 6pm.
                          Source incl phone numbers and much more info:
                          http://www.dutchpickle.com/philippin...-terminal.html
                          and here another good one (always check the comments below!)
                          http://www.agribusinessweek.com/the-...ection-part-7/
                          For me I will just skip Liloan unless they have a promo and I feel like sleeping for 4 hours...

More interestingly to watch might be the weather for those Roro trips (Typhoon...), especially when you have a deadline.

There is an alternative route via Batangas, Mindoro, Panay (Boracay), Negros either to Dapitan, Plaridel or CdO, but it is more expensive as the Roro trips are longer. Still regarding beaches along the way it is not bad at all.

Good luck and yes, please a short update after your trip would be highly appreciated. Hint: take a pic of the schedules and rates! Thanks!
                          Last edited by kotzilla; 06-12-2011, 21:39.

Comment

Kotzilla, I highly do not recommend the Western route to CDO, will take longer and there will be way more Roros to take. Unless you want to take the scenic route and go to Boracay and stuff.

Then again the Eastern route is very scenic as well anyway.

By the way the best system so far I have seen in terms of Roro ports is in Batangas. It was a very smooth system, at least when I went through on the way to calapan.

TTFN
                            Arvin

Comment

Just a small update, as I did the trip in the meantime. I brought a Suzuki Alto down to Mindanao. The rate from Sorsogon to Allen was calculated by weight. The Alto weight was 840 kg (we should have taken our baggage out and enter with empty tank, as it could be 750kg if empty, hehe) and the price was P960 with a free driver. A person had to pay P120. So it comes to mind that they charge P1 per kg of car.

In San Ricardo they charged P2100 for more or less the same length of boat trip (20km)- not weight based, grr. When I asked why, they said there is no competition in San Ricardo, just Montenegro Lines (Arroyo family owned...).

Of course if you bring some SUV elephant, you will be paying P2000+ for both transfers.

Schedules, are like announced: often enough from Sorsogon (anyway you will be busy checking the car in) and four times a day from San Ricardo.

The road in Samar was most of the time brand new and a bit better than in Luzon, there were a few very-cracked concrete roads left (no dirt as far as I remember), but not really much. Despite the good roads, fast driving is not always possible, as the villagers tend to hang out on the roads, dry their foods, play basketball, look for kuto etc

Leytes roads were also very ok and also eastern Mindanao, they actually slowly worsened the closer we got to the real urban area (CdO).

Luzon was actually tricky as it has some PNR crossings at some time (would be nice to have these clearly indicated in the GPS). We missed a warning sign at night and were really jumping over one PNR crossing, loosing even a wheel cap, which a friendly sari-owner kept for us, when we returned for searching (at 2 am!).

Regarding gas stations I don't really remember as we didn't need gas neither in Samar or Leyte (Alto!). I read in some blogs, that you have to be careful on those islands, as gas stations are only near the very big cities.

It was a pleasure to use the roadguide-system. You can really just do a trip like that and worry (if at all) about navigation, while driving. It also offers some sort of geeky entertainment in a way

Comment

Working...
                              X