iGo Map update-----where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iGo Map update-----where?

Guys, im planning to buy 2din car gps stereo dvd and it uses an igo map. However, the seller doesnt know how to update it for future use as part of hin aftersales customer support. If ever ill buy his product, where can i be able to download the igo map update?? thanks

just dump thw igo...
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
      just dump thw igo...
      sir, what do you you mean dump the igo? replace it with garmin? i have the same dilema with my navig8r which has igo primo 2.0 and running winCE...i am planning of overwriting it with gmxt but, i'm not sure if it will work and will not bricked my device...pls elaborate...thanks!

Comment

No igo updates as far as we know, and even if there was, it's not going to be as competitive as established maps specially RG.

As for changing to Garmin XT and bricking your device. I imagine that as long as you do not mess with the OS itself, which I think is difficult to do, you can try installing XT on your unit, even together with the Igo first. I imagine that it is just a matter of pointing the link to the correct exe file. Meaning you should even be able to change back and forth between the two GPS programs. Bricking is still a possibility but then again a GPS program without a proper map is a "Brick" anyway in my opinion Of course if you do brick your HU then DVD and other features will not work as well, so if you can, back it up first.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by yarzaea View Post
          sir, what do you you mean dump the igo? replace it with garmin? i have the same dilema with my navig8r which has igo primo 2.0 and running winCE...i am planning of overwriting it with gmxt but, i'm not sure if it will work and will not bricked my device...pls elaborate...thanks!
          I have an iGo which came bundled when I got my 2din from eBay ,,, lots of effort then just to update that, even bought a micro sd from Singapore online seller, because his ad said "with philippines map" just to get the iGo going ,, it did have a map... Of metro Manila only with way far less data

Anyway if your device is running on win ce, you can make it work by downloading mapfactor navigator

I don't use iGo 8 anymore, I already dump it.
          Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
          - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

How can i install other navigation software??

I am currently using the Navig8r G4301 and it's running on iGo 2.0

Please teach me and help me how to install other software like Garmin or MapFactor in my device if it's possible. Please the step-by-step procedure. Im just newbie, im sorry guys. I hope you can help me with this. Thanks!

Comment

A

I have installed a flyaudio head unit for my Toyota LC 200. Where can I get a GPS program that can download the Philippine map which I can install in my SD card and use its GPS function? Or is there an available SD card that contains already the program? If there is such, where can I get one? Thank you.

Last edited by raneeya; 04-02-2015, 19:15.

Comment

A

I have installed a flyaudio head unit for my Toyota LC 200. Where can I get a GPS program that can download the Philippine map which I can install in my SD card and use its GPS function? Or is there an available SD card that contains already the program? If there is such, where can I get one? Thank you.

amal

Comment

Philippine Map for i go primo

Would this work with the i go primo?

http://www.car-gpsdvd.com/the-latest...ines_p758.html

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                    I have an iGo which came bundled when I got my 2din from eBay ,,, lots of effort then just to update that, even bought a micro sd from Singapore online seller, because his ad said "with philippines map" just to get the iGo going ,, it did have a map... Of metro Manila only with way far less data

Anyway if your device is running on win ce, you can make it work by downloading mapfactor navigator

I don't use iGo 8 anymore, I already dump it.

Could this probably be compatible with the iGo?

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                      No igo updates as far as we know, and even if there was, it's not going to be as competitive as established maps specially RG.

As for changing to Garmin XT and bricking your device. I imagine that as long as you do not mess with the OS itself, which I think is difficult to do, you can try installing XT on your unit, even together with the Igo first. I imagine that it is just a matter of pointing the link to the correct exe file. Meaning you should even be able to change back and forth between the two GPS programs. Bricking is still a possibility but then again a GPS program without a proper map is a "Brick" anyway in my opinion Of course if you do brick your HU then DVD and other features will not work as well, so if you can, back it up first.

TTFN
                      Arvin

Could this possibly work with the iGo?

Comment

Working...
                      X