Newbie Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Help

Hello guys, I have a built in OEM navigation system on my truck its software is from inav.ph it im planning to get rid of it because it either gives me wrong directions into narrow rough roads or gives me a longer route that leads me to heavy traffic (great huh) Im trying to update it and the file needed is around 230MB in size so I started downloading it 2 hours ago (fast huh) and I still have 1 and a half hours to go. im planning to get a more accurate navigation system that I can update every once in a while so far a friend of mine is recommending the one with the accumap software installed but I have my eye on the GARMIN brand I'm just not sure what model to buy and where I can get one for a good price. I prefer a larger LCD screen (but not large enough to cover my windsheild hehehe) please shed some light on to the situation thanks!

Originally posted by Mandrake View Post
    Hello guys, I have a built in OEM navigation system on my truck its software is from inav.ph it im planning to get rid of it because it either gives me wrong directions into narrow rough roads or gives me a longer route that leads me to heavy traffic (great huh) Im trying to update it and the file needed is around 230MB in size so I started downloading it 2 hours ago (fast huh) and I still have 1 and a half hours to go. im planning to get a more accurate navigation system that I can update every once in a while so far a friend of mine is recommending the one with the accumap software installed but I have my eye on the GARMIN brand I'm just not sure what model to buy and where I can get one for a good price. I prefer a larger LCD screen (but not large enough to cover my windsheild hehehe) please shed some light on to the situation thanks!
    go with garmin. cheapest buy would be from the states.

but if you prefer to buy them locally, get one from navco (http://www.garmincenter.com/). it comes pre-loaded with rg map. not the latest, of course, but much better than the other option you mentioned above.
    Last edited by pokz; 10-26-2012, 15:38.

Comment

Mathew 7:7

http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Comment

When I was looking for a unit last year, there were sellers in sulit and eBay.ph selling US units. They usually pre-load with the free RG map and the OSM map. Blade, stores in Banawe were also selling garmin units with PH maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X