kenwood DNX7380BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kenwood DNX7380BT

i have this unit, kenwood DNX7380BT, that came with my isuzu alterra. the gps is off and isuzu/kenwood says iloilo city map is the problem? anybody has a fix for this?

Trigo,

Best bet is you should contact Kenwood or Isuzu for this.

Roadguide is not connected with either Kenwood or Isuzu

If you are just taking a chance that someone from RG might know something, then no problem, good luck hopefully someone does!

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

yup i was hoping if someone here has the same experience. i will also check wd kenwood phil and isuzu phil coz the local isuzu can't seem to give me a straight answer.

Comment

Wait, sorry when you say the GPS is Off you mean it does not work at all? Or you mean it your position is not where you should be as in Off the map or road which you are in?

I am no expert but I imagine that if your unit's GPS is working properly then it should at least have a position for you even if there is no map, at least the base map should give you a very very very rough position.

If you paid for something that supposed to have GPS capability, and it does not work, then claim warranty! Yup you can try to email Isuzu and kenwood directly if your dealer is not help. Try to ask other people in your area who has the same unit as you.

I also am not 100% sure but those kenwood units are probably Garmin compatible, you can try the RG free version 1.07 but no idea how to load it into your kenwood unit though.

My two cents!
        TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

it is working but it is off by a street or two. they claimed to have fixed other areas but not yet for iloilo city which i find lacking in essence. yes i will raise the issue with them, i was thinking someone here might have the same problem.

Thanks.

trigo

Comment

Off by a street or two okay noted, nice that it is cleared up!

That could happen:

1. If you do not have a good satellite lock.
            2. If the map is not calibrated properly.

From the answers you got, it's no. 2. As mentioned not sure if your unit is garmin compatible or not, if it is then try roadguide version 1.07 but you have to learn how to load it into your unit, at least to test the accuracy of your unit.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
              Off by a street or two okay noted, nice that it is cleared up!

That could happen:

1. If you do not have a good satellite lock.
              2. If the map is not calibrated properly.

From the answers you got, it's no. 2. As mentioned not sure if your unit is garmin compatible or not, if it is then try roadguide version 1.07 but you have to learn how to load it into your unit, at least to test the accuracy of your unit.

TTFN
              Arvin
              that's what i am going to do tomorrow, i was able to load the v1.07 phil map on my garmin 255w before. how do i load the map to my kenwood? any guide?

Comment

Sorry don't remember if anyone ever got to post a guide, please do a search in RG forum, but if I were you try to contact Kenwood directly or google Good luck!

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Sorry don't remember if anyone ever got to post a guide, please do a search in RG forum, but if I were you try to contact Kenwood directly or google Good luck!

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  kenwood personnel went to the local isuzu dealer here in iloilo but they can't commit or install the map, their policy is 1 free map upgrade and the subsequent is with pay.

i was able to find my v1.0.7 roadguide.ph file and loaded it in the sd card, now it is working properly.

thanks again for the replies.

trigo

Comment

Congrats on making it work, so it is now more accurate?

Well don't stop there, now that you know it works with RG, then you start reading on how to contribute and start contributing so that you will get the contributor's map which is way way more updated than the 1.07, just look at the latest demo map.

Comment

Congrats on making it work, so it is now more accurate?

Well don't stop there, now that you know it works with RG, then you start reading on how to contribute and start contributing so that you will get the contributor's map which is way way more updated than the 1.07, just look at the latest demo map.
                      Yup i will do that, it is now very accurate. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trigo View Post
                        Yup i will do that, it is now very accurate. Thanks again.

Assuming i get the more detailed map after contributing, would it work with my kenwood gps?

Comment

That is what I mean, if you got RG version 1.07 to work, then our contributor's map will surely work with your unit!

TTFN
                          Arvin

Comment

That is what I mean, if you got RG version 1.07 to work, then our contributor's map will surely work with your unit!

TTFN
                            Arvin
                            thanks again Arvin, i'll now find out how to contribute.

Comment

Great. Thansk for help. I even don't have to asked

Comment

Working...
                              X