• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help?

good pm.

i recently got me from a surplus shop a
    1. NAVMAN MY65T and a
    2. NAVMAN C60

they both have AUSTRALIAN MAPS installed.

question, can i put any PHILIPPINE MAP on it?

just need suggestions. or did i just waste my money?

the unit actually works, I see my car moving but its just an arrow and a ............ for my trip. i guess it reads through the gps

it also reads my speed. +/- 5kph

or maybe someone can unlock this unit?

i've read somewhere that this NAVMAN is a rebranded MIO Moov type device.

pls help.

tnx

Sorry Dude you should do your research first prior to purchasing, there are no Philippine maps available for that brand!

Comment

Originally posted by jaden_alex View Post
      good pm.

i recently got me from a surplus shop a
      1. NAVMAN MY65T and a
      2. NAVMAN C60

they both have AUSTRALIAN MAPS installed.

question, can i put any PHILIPPINE MAP on it?

just need suggestions. or did i just waste my money?

the unit actually works, I see my car moving but its just an arrow and a ............ for my trip. i guess it reads through the gps

it also reads my speed. +/- 5kph

or maybe someone can unlock this unit?

i've read somewhere that this NAVMAN is a rebranded MIO Moov type device.

pls help.

tnx
      I am pretty sure your rebranded Mio Moov is WinCE so there are downloadable programs that u can use to unlock your gps and then install Garmin XT but that topic and procedures are not allowed here in the forum.
      So i guess Google is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        Sorry Dude you should do your research first prior to purchasing, there are no Philippine maps available for that brand!
        damn, looks like i wasted money..well i got it cheap though, but still if there isnt any, then i did waste money

Originally posted by johnny2467 View Post
        I am pretty sure your rebranded Mio Moov is WinCE so there are downloadable programs that u can use to unlock your gps and then install Garmin XT but that topic and procedures are not allowed here in the forum.
        So i guess Google is your friend.
        thanks sir, this gave me hope..ive been googling the past 2 days hoping to find something for this unit. Guess i need to search more

question, do you know anybody that does unlocking for this gps?

Comment

update:

i was able to search about unlocking mio moov

i think i was able to do it, my device now boots to a desktop BTW, i did it with the C60.

but now what do i do?

the site i saw it says "now i can run any software i like, tomtom or igo primo works best"---but im totally clueless on how to do this.

pls help again..

tnx

Comment

Forget to have it work with a local map sir.. But you can turn this device into a PDA device with media player features such as video player, mp3 player, etc..At least for the time being it will have some worth..Trust me i have lots of these..

Comment

Originally posted by pyth777 View Post
              Forget to have it work with a local map sir.. But you can turn this device into a PDA device with media player features such as video player, mp3 player, etc..At least for the time being it will have some worth..Trust me i have lots of these..
              right now its like a small pc, i just dont know if i unlocked it right..hehehe

so it means i cant load any philippine map on it? that sucks
              also i cant put any other software? like that tomtom, igo?
              Last edited by jaden_alex; 09-14-2012, 19:08.

Comment

Actually there is hope but it's not proper to tackle it here
                ;-)
                Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Wataminute! So what you are saying is that you were able to get it working as a WinCE device? Then as the others said, there is hope yet.

Do not go with Tomtom or Igo, you will get stuck the same was you are stuck now, there are no local maps of substance available for them.

What you need is to find a program that you can purchase that runs on WinCE that will guarantee updates. Some ideas:

Garmin XT (which is now not available unfortunately) which works nicely with Roadguide
                  Papago (pay map)
                  Navitel (Roadguide has 1 free map but no idea if there will be any updates anytime soon)

In no particular order of course.

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                    Actually there is hope but it's not proper to tackle it here
                    ;-)
                    sir, if you dont mind, and if its okay, can you pm me some details?
                    im still trying to figure it out on how to put a software on this thing

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                    Wataminute! So what you are saying is that you were able to get it working as a WinCE device? Then as the others said, there is hope yet.

Do not go with Tomtom or Igo, you will get stuck the same was you are stuck now, there are no local maps of substance available for them.

What you need is to find a program that you can purchase that runs on WinCE that will guarantee updates. Some ideas:

Garmin XT (which is now not available unfortunately) which works nicely with Roadguide
                    Papago (pay map)
                    Navitel (Roadguide has 1 free map but no idea if there will be any updates anytime soon)

In no particular order of course.

yes, i can now boot to a desktop, for now its just a little pc for me, cause im still trying to figure it out on how to put some maps on it.

TTFN
                    Arvin

yes, i can now boot to a desktop, for now its just a little pc for me, cause im still trying to figure it out on how to put some maps on it.

@all, anyone know if any of you guys know a shop that does this?
                    im really not scared if i bricked the unit since i got it cheap, plus i have one more

tnx

Comment

I think you mean is what you installed is like mine.just like in this pic..The next part is to link the shortcuts it to workable map..

But this discussing this thing were not allowed here..Just make a lot of googling.Seek and you will find sir..
                      Matthew 7:7

Comment

I think you mean is what you installed is like mine.just like in this pic..The next part is to link the shortcuts it to workable map..

But this discussing this thing were not allowed here..Just make a lot of googling.Seek and you will find sir..
                        im not sure if mine should be like that
                        this is what i have

SETTINGS

Comment

mine isnt like that. it just looks like an old windows.

i posted a pics, but couldnt find my reply.

Comment

how come my post doesnt show?

edit: now this one show, but my 2 previous ones didnt.

anyways @pyth777: mine isnt like that, its just like a regular windows

i posted a picture but it did not post here.

Comment

Originally posted by jaden_alex View Post
                              how come my post doesnt show?

edit: now this one show, but my 2 previous ones didnt.

anyways @pyth777: mine isnt like that, its just like a regular windows

i posted a picture but it did not post here.
                              I think what you have is similar to this?(See Attached) If you do then you are halfway there already. you just need to dig deeper in Google on how to install GMXT to your NavMan now unlocked and running the Core OS(WinCE)
                              First thing you need to check is your WinCE version = ie. WinCE4, 5, or 6. I am pretty sure it wont be wince6 as your unit is an old one. after you confirm what core version you have then you can start Googling for the right program to run in your unit. Lets hope I didnt cross any boundaries with this one
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X