Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basecamp gurus, please make step by step how to for basecamp! I'll be one of your customers hehehe! With screen shots if possible

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Base Camp

@Arvin,

It is kind of easy once you start to play with it. It just gets confusing because there is so much to it. I just wish there was a way to merge maps or at least take stuff from one map and put it on the other. Working with three maps at once gets confusing because the points you save show up on any map you open. I'm thinking that maybe it would be better to try an open the Demo in map-source and my map in base camp so that it is easier to compare to see if my way-points are there or not.

A bit off topic here, but I am noticing that some of my points are on the demo but the way point that is there is way off compared to mine. As a general rule I try to set my points on the center of the building or main entrance. Case in point would be pure-gold. There is a point for it next to the road and in the general location. If you mapped it you would see it and be able to find it from there but the point is not in the actual location just generalized. Should I worry about correcting these or just leave it be.

TTYL,
      XERXES

Comment

Xerrxes,

As I suggested to you during our meet, if the GPSR says arriving at destination and you are at the POI, as long as you can see the place or entrance easily then no need to correct it.

One thing you might want to do is do 1sec tracks on the entrance driveway and exit driveways of puregold for example so that you get routed to the POI through the correct entrance.

Back to Basecamp, I understand kuya Legtu said that you could actually open 2 instances of basecamp if necessary, please go back a few pages in this topic it should be here somewhere.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by XERXES View Post
          Working with three maps at once gets confusing because the points you save show up on any map you open. I'm thinking that maybe it would be better to try an open the Demo in map-source and my map in base camp so that it is easier to compare to see if my way-points are there or not.
          just curious, why the need to compare the waypoints in multiple maps? do you contribute data to other mapping projects as well?

anyway, if you don't want any of your saved data showing up on the map in basecamp, just create an empty list or folder and select that.
          got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Originally posted by XERXES View Post
            @Arvin,

A bit off topic here, but I am noticing that some of my points are on the demo but the way point that is there is way off compared to mine. As a general rule I try to set my points on the center of the building or main entrance.

TTYL,
            XERXES
            we do as much as possible put waypoints of large buildings and large parking areas at their entrances for proper routing, hence the reason why there might be discrepancies in your recordings and the demo map.

Comment

OMG back to square one. where can i download basecamp? is it for Mac or windows? i have basecamp on MAC but i think its complicated to use than Windows. so is there any basecamp for windows?

Comment

may i suggest reading through the posts in this thread?

re: basecamp for mac or windows
                the answer to that can be found on post #12

basecamp can be downloaded from garmin's site.

here's the link:
                windows version
                mac version
                got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

new install on laptop

My pc just crashed and burned, so I am starting from scratch with a laptop. I have my number from the Judge, and how do I instal that number so I get full access to the maps?
                  Its sending me to the garmin site to unlock.
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
                    My pc just crashed and burned, so I am starting from scratch with a laptop. I have my number from the Judge, and how do I instal that number so I get full access to the maps?
                    Its sending me to the garmin site to unlock.
                    John
                    Utilities then manage map products then unlock regions then add

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I took the number but did not update the maps, I guess I have to also instal the base map, yep that fixed it, silly me, its all working correctly.
                      Last edited by jnieurzyla; 09-11-2012, 23:39.

Comment

Basecamp 4.0.2 update

I updated the basecamp to the latest 4.0.2 today. To my surprise all the installed map was lost both in basecamp and mapsource were lost and have to reinstalled it. Did any body experienced the same.
                        d1754
                        "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                        those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                        . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
                          I updated the basecamp to the latest 4.0.2 today. To my surprise all the installed map was lost both in basecamp and mapsource were lost and have to reinstalled it. Did any body experienced the same.
                          install it last night but all the maps are still there.
                          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

The latest release...

http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=4435

BaseCamp software version 4.0.4

as of October 30, 2012
                            (52.50 MB)

Notes:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later is required.
                            • .NET framework 3.5 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
                            • Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft).
                            • 1 GB of system memory is required, 2 GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps.
                            • A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to enable the 3D view.
                            • If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers.
                            • BaseCamp will recognize all MapSource products except BlueChart.
                            • BaseCamp does not work with serial GPS devices.

Change History

Changes made from version 4.0.2 to 4.0.4:

Fixed some issues with publishing adventures.
                            • Fixed an issue with remembering the layout of the data and map panels.
                            • Fixed an issue with remembering the positioning of the toolbars.
                            • Fixed some layout issues in Windows XP.
                            • Fixed ordering of photos during adventure playback.
                            • Fixed various stability issues with route properties.
                            • Fixed issues with the route and track join.
                            • Fixed some device and adventure transfer issues.
                            • Fixed issue with gdb and kml import.
                            • Fixed issues with adventure playback.
                            • Fixed an issue with exporting waypoints with dog icons.
                            • Fixed an issue where orphaned route via point would remain on the map in certain cases.
                            • Fixed an issue where geotagged photos were not being cleaned up after deletion.
                            • Fixed an issue with the notes tab where links where not being stored properly.
                            • Fixed various other stability issues.
                            • Improved speed for displaying the properties of an adventure for the first time.
                            • Improved transition when entering/leaving adventure playback mode.

Comment

Updated to ver. 4.0.5
                              Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                              - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Change History
                                Changes made from version 4.0.4 to 4.0.5:
                                Fixed issue when changing list or folder selection with nearest results shown on the map.
                                Fixed issue when changing list or folder selection while in the process of drawing a route.
                                Fixed issue with find toolbar visibility not being remembered between application runs.
                                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X