X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
    I guess I have to dl bc just to see my polygons
    don't worry. you'll see those polygons in mapsource on next version. i modified it already to make it visible in mapsource.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post

with regards to having basecamp instead mapsource, imo, i don't see any reason to 'abandon' one for another since both of them have their own pros and cons. having both available is better since the user can choose which works for them.

Comment

Just caught me of this thread and seems this is a battle of Basecamp vs Mapsource. Will Garmin intl is now moving towards using the Basecamp then Mapsource is to be set aside in the near future? Tama ba?
        Last edited by Loop; 08-29-2012, 09:12.
        If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Loop View Post
          Just caught me of this thread and seems this is a battle of Basecamp vs Mapsource. Will Garmin intl is now moving towards using the Basecamp then Mapsource is to be set aside in the near future? Tama ba?
          not near future. but rather, already abandon. no updates na diba. IINM, last one was v6163
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

@loop
            imo, this thread is not a 'battle' of basecamp vs mapsource, rather, a comparison/how-to/info thread.

just like i said, there's no reason to abandon one for another.
            got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

OKs mga Kuyas..Havent visited Garmin sites for a long time...Thanks for the info.
              Last edited by Loop; 08-29-2012, 17:52.

Comment

Basecamp help

I'm new at using the software and having some difficulty in figuring out how to upload my way-points from base-camp to the form. Got lots of great help from Bro. Arvin on using it but forgot to go through the actual upload process. In need of an idiots guide . Any assistance would be great.

ttyl,
                Ed

Comment

Yeah sorry about that Xerxes, as I admitted in this topic, I am a complete Basecamp newbie, so hopefully the Basecamp gurus like Kuya Legtu and Kuya HBT can chime in and give more details step by step info on how to setup and contribute using basecamp.

Will try to help out as best I can, as I am trying to learn as well. Well not really top priority as mapsource is still my default program

Take it away Kuya Legtu and Kuya HBT

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                    as I admitted in this topic, I am a complete Basecamp newbie, so hopefully the Basecamp gurus like Kuya Legtu and Kuya HBT can chime in and give more details step by step info on how to setup and contribute using basecamp.

Will try to help out as best I can, as I am trying to learn as well. Well not really top priority as mapsource is still my default program

Take it away Kuya Legtu and Kuya HBT

TTFN
                    Arvin
                    +1 on this Kuya Arvin...

Kuya Legtu and Master HBT---Lets Get It On!

Comment

Basecamp help

No Problem, I understand that. It is not easy learning new software from scratch when you are already using a different one. I'm really thankful to the meet up and the help that you gave. It put me ahead of the game and gave me a great start. Using base camp is confusing at times but not to bad. However, I cannot figure out how to contribute from it. I know that uploading a changed free version map with my changes want do.

Just be glad to get this all figured out so I can start using the Contributes map. Will make life a lot simpler. Its a bit of a headache to go around getting points based on one map just to find out that you've wasted a few hours because someone already did it when you go back to compare to the demo.

Well Guess nothing I can do but wait for the experts and keep on reading and trying. Just hope no one takes my points.

ttyl,
                      Ed

Comment

@xerxes
                        could you give a little bit more detail on what exactly you're trying to do and what steps you've done?

Comment

Originally posted by XERXES View Post
                          No Problem, I understand that. It is not easy learning new software from scratch when you are already using a different one. I'm really thankful to the meet up and the help that you gave. It put me ahead of the game and gave me a great start. Using base camp is confusing at times but not to bad. However, I cannot figure out how to contribute from it. I know that uploading a changed free version map with my changes want do.

Just be glad to get this all figured out so I can start using the Contributes map. Will make life a lot simpler. Its a bit of a headache to go around getting points based on one map just to find out that you've wasted a few hours because someone already did it when you go back to compare to the demo.

Well Guess nothing I can do but wait for the experts and keep on reading and trying. Just hope no one takes my points.

ttyl,
                          Ed
                          you also need to check the latest demo map so you would know which contribution will be valid.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
                          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Kuya Legtu,

I think I got it figured out last night. Please correct me if I am wrong. The Points, Changes, and deletions that I have made show up on the left hand side of base camp in the folder " My collection". These are the contributions that I wish to make. Now from what I can figure out the only way to do this is with the Export command under File.

FILE
                            EXPORT
                            EXPORT MY COLLECTION

What I need to know now is what to save the file as (filename). (gpx)(gdb)(csv)(tcx)(txt)

Am I correct in that is the way to do it?

ttyl,

Ed
                            Last edited by XERXES; 09-02-2012, 09:38.

Comment

Thanks Reiji,

I always make sure that the points are not on it. In fact there are quite a few around here with all the new construction, business changes, and unlabeled side roads. Of course with all the stray dogs running around, after you, it makes it a bit difficult to get the side roads. Trying to avoid being bit by a mangy dog and the SHOTS.

thanks,
                              XERXES

Comment

@xerxes
                                yup. that was what i was trying to say in one of my previous post and as posted in the faq here, uploads should be in .gdb.

Originally posted by legtu View Post
                                btw in basecamp, instead of having multiple instances running, you can manage them by having multiple lists instead. once you're done, you can export whichever list you want and save it as .gdb for upload. so instead of managing multiple basecamp instances, you just shift between lists, move data between them then export once you're done.
                                contribution(s) are managed in lists or folders (i usually name the list/folder in yyyy-mm-dd format with a keyword that signifies whether it's for waypoint correction, new waypoints, tracks, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                                X