Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine who is also a contributor here at RG just got his Nuvi 2595, turns out we cannot transfer maps to his device using mapsource, has anybody here used basecamp to transfer the contributors map successfully to their new model Nuvi's like the 2595?

Comment

Basecamp

Have you installed Basecamp?? then connect your gps, Basecamp has replaced mapsource, therefore all new models should work on it.
      Try it. I use my Nuvi 765 on it without a problem.
      John

Comment

Originally posted by Apex View Post
        A friend of mine who is also a contributor here at RG just got his Nuvi 2595, turns out we cannot transfer maps to his device using mapsource, has anybody here used basecamp to transfer the contributors map successfully to their new model Nuvi's like the 2595?
        The new series 24XX and 25XX are not Mapsource compatible. Use basecamp in transferring maps
        d1754
        "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
        those who accept it avoid the snares of death
        . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

another BaseCamp update...

http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=4435

Updates & Downloads

BaseCamp software version 4.1.1

as of January 23, 2013
          Download (53.34 MB)

View installation instructions and system requirements
          Notes:

• Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later is required.
          • .NET framework 3.5 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
          • Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft).
          • 1 GB of system memory is required, 2 GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps.
          • A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to enable the 3D view.
          • If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers.
          • BaseCamp will recognize all MapSource products except BlueChart.
          • BaseCamp does not work with serial GPS devices.

Change History

Changes made from version 4.1.0 to 4.1.1:

• Fixed an issue where BaseCamp was not responding if a certain GPI file (006D135900.GPI) was present on the device.
          • Fixed an issue where BaseCamp did not seem to recognize some MTP devices (it was taking several minutes for BaseCamp to display the device). Device detection of such devices should now be much faster.
          • Fixed an issue with Garmin cloud where syncing between Mac and PC would not work properly.
          • Fixed an issue with 'Restore from Previous Version'.
          • Fixed an issue where using the city finder (in the Find Options 'Location' textbox) would lead to a crash if the map did not support city searches.
          • Fixed an issue with city search on the Global Map.
          • Fixed an issue with user data search.
          • Fixed a start-up issue.

Changes made from version 4.0.5 to 4.1.0:

• Added support for Garmin Cloud Storage.
          • Added support for searching and displaying Custom POIs from devices (GPI file support).
          • Added ability to report map errors directly from within BaseCamp.
          • Added support for new statistics track extension, this should allow BaseCamp and future devices to have the same track statistics.
          • Added better error messages for adventure publishing failures.
          • Implemented Part I of Find experience rework (simultaneous searches, less confusing input boxes, added Find menu, added support for user data search).
          • Improved behavior when editing or deleting route and track points in a list, BaseCamp now remembers the position in the list.
          • Improved decimal precision for low speeds.
          • Improved 'Send To Device' and 'Receive From Device' dialogs.
          • Fixed an issue where BaseCamp would erroneously prompt for Geotagged photos on Garmin-mode devices.
          • Fixed an issue where the folder data list size wasn't preserved.
          • Fixed an issue with importing KML files from Google Earth.
          • Fixed an issue where the original routes were not restored after cancelling during the calculation phase of a route join.
          • Fixed an issue where single digit entry into Arrival/Departure times may not get committed to database.
          • Fixed an issue with displaying waypoint comments that take more than 1 row.
          • Fixed an issue with missing/corrupt system services. BaseCamp now prompts the user.
          • Fixed an issue with sending dog icons to older Garmin devices.
          • Fixed an issue with resetting the activity profile.
          • Fixed an issue where BaseCamp sometimes would not sync with devices.
          • Fixed an issue with restore.
          • Fixed some issues with Undo and Redo.
          • Fixed shutdown issues.
          • Fixed an issue in Danish when viewing route properties.
          • Fixed issue where BaseCamp would not display 'TOPO Sweden V3 - Svealand'.

Changes made from version 4.0.4 to 4.0.5:

• Fixed issue when changing list or folder selection with nearest results shown on the map.
          • Fixed issue when changing list or folder selection while in the process of drawing a route.
          • Fixed issue with find toolbar visibility not being remembered between application runs.

Comment

I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH BASECAMP

always searching for BCMAIN.msi whenever i try to update...
            Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
            - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
              I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH BASECAMP

always searching for BCMAIN.msi whenever i try to update...
              pakipot lang yan kuya
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Just did a quick read through this thread.

As I do not have Mapsource, I cannot compare Mapsource vis-a-vis Basecamp.

I read that you can transfer waypoints that you inputted in Basecamp into your GPS.

Am not too clear on the exporting bit: can Basecamp be used to contribute to the Contributors' Map? Did I miss it when reading this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
                  Yeah I forgot to mention, the default for saved WP's is not compatible, when saving change from default GPX to GDB w=hen you are uploading corrections etc to RG, this was mentioned before, but its worth mentioning again.
                  John
                  I think this is the answer to my question... yes? So, Basecamp can be used for contributions to the RG Map? Just make sure to use GDB?

Comment

Basecamp submission

The trick is to create a lists, each list would have to be for the separate depending on your submissions, ie, wp, or tracks etc.
                    When you have created you list of wp's
                    then select the folder
                    then got to file tab at the top and select export
                    you are given the option to select the folder, or just certain items,
                    your then given a menu where to save the compiled list, I usually use my desktop,
                    You will see that the file is saved as a gpx file, this is ok, save it.
                    And that your file to submit to RG forums...
                    Easy when you know how.

Comment

Working...
                    X