OSM Map Redaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSM Map Redaction

For those using OSM Map, the redaction introduced by the developer had caused many of the streets to be lost particularly on NCR, Pampanga and the Visayas.

Stick to your old map or better stick on RG.
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

More information on the OSMPH Garmin map downloads

To add more to what d1754 said, the last OSMPH Garmin map before the redaction process (dated July 12) can be found under the "Last compiled version before redaction (20120712)" heading in maning's webpage: http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin

But if you still want the latest map which has deleted data* but which will have all the latest improvements, just download from the links near the top of that page as before.

*Some data (less than 1% of the total data) was deleted due to the redaction process which was done in preparation for the worldwide OSM copyright license change. But due to continuous remapping efforts, the deleted data would eventually be mapped again.
    Last edited by seav; 08-07-2012, 00:19. Reason: Added more information

Comment

What happen to maning esambale? He is not updating the osm ph map since june 20,2013.
      d1754
      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

I get my updates thru mapfactor and it seems that my edits are always included every update

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 4
        Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
        - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
          What happen to maning esambale? He is not updating the osm ph map since june 20,2013.
          There are currently unresolved problems with the server maning is using.

But anybody can actually create the Garmin map: https://github.com/maning/osmphgps
          You just need a copy of the latest raw OSM Philippines data, Java, and the Java app mkgmap.

For example, RG and OSM member schadow1 has been creating updated OSM Garmin maps. You can download the maps he produces here in both MapSource installer and gmapsupp.img versions: http://www.s1expeditions.com/p/openstreetmaps.html

Comment

I can also request for the latest map updates for mapsource basecamp or diretly unto an sdcard with some links but I might be violating some rg rules so I'll just keep hidden

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Comment

... keep it hidden. ..

Comment

Working...
              X