Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Nuvi Model for newbies

Hi Everyone!

Any recommendation on what model would be suitable for newbies like me? Hoping for your suggestions!

Originally posted by Jasonfortuno View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Any recommendation on what model would be suitable for newbies like me? Hoping for your suggestions!
    Hi Jason, welcome. I suggest you attend one of the monthly get-together meetings we call EB. Dont ask me why EB, coz i really dont know... There you will get to see all kinds of GPS devices. Then choose the one you like... Personally, I love my Garmin 3790. It's cool coz you can operate it almost completely handfree, including the use of your iPhone via BT.

Comment

Originally posted by jamorales3 View Post
      I suggest you attend one of the monthly get-together meetings we call EB. Dont ask me why EB, coz i really dont know...
      http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=744&page=3
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

am in the US right now and i bought one for a friend. its a nuvi 50. nuvi 30, 40 and 50 are the basic ones (2012 models).

if you want to stretch it a little higher, try nuvi 2455. it's so thin it feels like an iphone. and it has better touch screen sensitivity.

Comment

I have tried different models
          nuvi 40,50LM,2555LMT,3450LT,2360LMT,2460LMT
          but for local navigation i suggest the Voice activated 2460LMT coz features contrast and resolution is a little bit ok compared with rest

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0LZgCAdMeM
            Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
            - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

just get a 255w or the newer 40, both are cost effective. you're not missing out on the features other high end units have. unless you frequently visit the US, or wherever country you will buy your unit.
              no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Passed-by Blade at Greenbelt, I saw that they are now selling Garmin 1390, 50, and 215 (I think). Does the lane assist functionality work on our map?

Comment

Originally posted by rosanro1 View Post
                  Passed-by Blade at Greenbelt, I saw that they are now selling Garmin 1390, 50, and 215 (I think). Does the lane assist functionality work on our map?
                  nope.

Comment

Originally posted by jamorales3 View Post
                    meetings we call EB. Dont ask me why EB, coz i really dont know...
                    Per kuya Jan, EB stands for 'eyeball'. It's probably a carryover from ham lingo where we use 'eyeball QSO'. QSO is ham lingo for 'conversation'.

I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
                    "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Comment

Working...
                    X