This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project NOAH

A very laudable project from the DOST and PAGASA in partnership with other national govt. agencies, academe, private companies and others...

Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards (NOAH)

http://noah.dost.gov.ph/

PNoy will be the special guest tomorrow when they launch this in marikina city
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I went to the site last week, checked for chances of rainfall in Makati. Site said 80% within the next hour, so I left the house bringing my umbrella. A bit skeptical because it was still fair when I left. True enough, when I got to work, there was a heavy downpour. Was so glad I had the umbrella, making the walk from the parking lot less stressful. Thumbs up to the DOST, PAGASA and all other private and govt entities for this.

In the past, all you could get from the weather report was the default line, "scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms."

Comment

Lucky us, this is because we have now the doppler radar installed in Subic and Tagaytay. The same kind used by tornado chaser to predict potential tornado cells (miniture nga lang para pwede nila hila-hila). I hope Pagasa or the government acquire more of this for more accurate prediction and install in storm alley like Bicol and Batanes regions.

Comment

noah

This would be of great help to the filipino community

Comment

GOOD JOB!!!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
            - Pablo Picasso

Comment

request to make this sticky
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

flood reporter

we can help in the success of this project by reporting on accurate information about flood condition in an area at any given time during heavy downpour . . be a flood reporter ... i'm doing it

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  request to make this sticky
                  Done...

Comment

Working...
                  X