Question on voice guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on voice guidance

I hope some of the guru's can help me with this.
    I just got my Galaxy S2 ver 4.0.3 Stock not rooted few days ago, installed Navitel (the higher version because 3.5 and 5.0 wont start after install) and then copied the Navitel Philippines map.
    The app is running smoothly except when I am driving(also tried demo mode) the voice navigation keeps saying "4th exit keep right(or left), 3rd exit keep left(or right) on 50 meters turn left, 3rd exit and it goes on and on and on.
    I tried changing all the configurations hoping to get lucky and turn OFF the voice guidance on every street that i pass but to no avail.
    Anybody have any idea?
    Thanks in advance

So basically you want to know how to turn off Voice guidance?

Or is the problem more complicated than that?

If so, is the route being given correct or not?

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Thanks for the reply sir arvin, no I dont want to turn off voice guidance and yes, it is a bit complicated.
      The route being given is correct but should I say too much information that I need?
      For example I was driving to a waypoint for just 500 meters, but along the way there are 30 streets, the voice guidance would tell me to keep left/right depending on the incoming street location even if the road is just single lane(not major road) and not only that this is the way she says it: " 4th exit....in 10 meters bear right..third exit.....keep left 2nd exit....1st exit...keep left 5th exit....bear right 4th exit...so as you can imagine....the voice guidance is talking non stop until i reach my destination.So I was wondering if I am the only one who experienced that, given that there is only one map available and we are all using the same one.
      Did i explain it better or did i get you more confused

Comment

I guessed it must be the Software version, after trying 3 other versions, one worked how it should be. whew

Comment

Johnny,

I'm glad that you found a fix, so you upgraded to a new version then! Okay, I remember someone posted a similar problem before, but can't be sure anymore.

Thanks for confirming that 5.0 works with ICS. Mine is actually 5.0.0.1 so quite old, not sure if it will work with ICS. I imagine it should. I don't think i need a new license code for if I upgrade the OS version!

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Yes Sir Arvin I can confirm that Navitel ver 5 works on Android ICS 4.0.3
            I tried 5.0.0.XXX up to 5.5.0.XXX and they all work (5.5.0.182 has very cool interface) and i have 5.0.2.721 currently installed on my Galaxy S2

Comment

i also had the same problem with you using the latest version of navitel on gingerbread.
              what i did was just rename the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th.spx on \NavitelContent\Voices\
              it works ok now.
              well i dont even know what the exit exit means haha.
              i like the new version thats why i did that.

Comment

Originally posted by kiko08 View Post
                i also had the same problem with you using the latest version of navitel on gingerbread.
                what i did was just rename the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th.spx on \NavitelContent\Voices\
                it works ok now.
                well i dont even know what the exit exit means haha.
                i like the new version thats why i did that.
                those exits are used for example when you are passing through a round about, the voice navigation will tell you: in 100 meters, enter round about and take the 3rd exit.
                So if you rename the 4 exits, voice navigation will be: enter round about and take the ________(no voice)

Comment

Working...
                X