Samsung Galaxy S3 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Galaxy S3 Discussions

No, I don't have the S3 yet hehe, but I'm thinking of getting one. Played around with a unit and it was soooo smooth! Loaded tons of apps into working memory and the interface showed no sign of lag at all. Anybody here acquired one already? If yes, have you tried its GPS already? I've read somewhere its GPS is stronger (or at least locks on to more satellites) than the HTC One X (and of course my S2). Have you tried Navitel + Roadguide map? Hope to get more info. Thanks!

if your into stronger GPS signal ill recommend xperia s, it uses both US GPS signal and Russian GLONASS so in effect u are seeing more satellite 31 plus 24.

Comment

Kuya Elkabong, I have an Experia active will they have the same feature as Xperia S? Also I am not sure, but I thought that GPS satellites should have been standardized, if not couldn't be standardized. Russian vs. US I mean or is there hope for world peace?

Sorry almost all of this post is OT, but I wonder if Galaxy S3 is using IcecreamSandwich? Anyone out there who is using ICS and Navitel? Wondering if the older version 5 Navitel will work with ICS or not.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by elkabong View Post
        if your into stronger GPS signal ill recommend xperia s, it uses both US GPS signal and Russian GLONASS so in effect u are seeing more satellite 31 plus 24.
        The Galaxy SIII is GLONASS capable as well!
        Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          Kuya Elkabong, I have an Experia active will they have the same feature as Xperia S? Also I am not sure, but I thought that GPS satellites should have been standardized, if not couldn't be standardized. Russian vs. US I mean or is there hope for world peace?

Sorry almost all of this post is OT, but I wonder if Galaxy S3 is using IcecreamSandwich? Anyone out there who is using ICS and Navitel? Wondering if the older version 5 Navitel will work with ICS or not.

TTFN
          Arvin
          Sir Alvin I'm using Galaxy S2 ICS 4.0.3 with Navitel 5.0.2.721 and so far working fine. Other versions 5.X.X works too but with some minor bugs(voice guidance talking too much as I have mentioned on the question I posted on the NAVITEL thread)
          Sorry OT din yata, just want to answer sir arvin's question
          Last edited by johnny2467; 07-02-2012, 10:20.

Comment

Yes, as Jonatle mentioned, the Galaxy S3 is GLONASS capable too. I too, use an S2 with Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, no problem whatsoever with Navitel 5. The S3's user interface is quite smooth and everything is snappy. I thought the S2 was so snappy already, the S3 is even better! iba yata talaga kung quad core

So nobody took the plunge and got an S3 yet? I just need to make sure Navitel works on an ICS 4.0.4 and quad core processor flawlessly before diving in.

Comment

hi sir i just got my s3. would like to ask what app or how can i use this phone for gps? I downloaded an app called waze. its quite good because it shows the traffic in our area (from other users i think i just tried it yesterday). thanks

Comment

Borrowed an S3 (V 4.0.4) from a friend and loaded this (latest 5.5.1.0). It works!

Comment

what is that app for the S3?

Comment

@gareth,
                    It's Navitel 5.5.1.0 with our very own RG map.

Comment

Coming from an sgs 2, I can safely say that the sgs3 locks so much faster, in a matter of seconds in most cases in fact. This is also coming from a cold start.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I used my brother s3 and tested both units s2 and s3 side by side

S3 locks gps way way faster and indeed more accurate

sent from sgh-i777 using tapatalk

Comment

what navitel version are you guys using with the sgs2 or 3?

Comment

Navitel 5.5.1.0

Comment

Originally posted by jayteecie View Post
                              Navitel 5.5.1.0
                              Thanks. But there is an older recommended version of navitel that works better with the rg map. As you may have noticed, the new versions are too talkative.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X