Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Limit

Hi guys,

I was trying to set the speed limit yesterday but to no avail.

Please advise.

Thanks

Originally posted by lordbench View Post
    Hi guys,

I was trying to set the speed limit yesterday but to no avail.

Please advise.

Thanks

More info needed kuya.
    What-when-where-why?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      More info needed kuya.
      What-when-where-why?

--

hi Jan,

I was actually browsing the navitel yesterday and saw the Alert feature. It mentions voice alert. I tried to set to 40 km but it seems not working.

Did I miss something?

Comment

Ah. No idea about that. Sorry.
        Wait till one of the experts comes along and they'll help you I'm sure.

How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Thanks Jan,

I am waiting for Arvin

Comment

Hahaha!

I am not by a long shot a navitel expert But now that I saw your post, I will try to simulate, but we can't be sure if it's a navitel software thing or a map thing.

A bit OT, but I just noticed you are now a contributor, wondering now if you are the first ever pure navitel user that became a contributor? !!!!!

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Okay just browsed through the app, had some problems and glitches when I tried to go into demo mode, but that is another story.

You set your system for Overspeed is 40km/h right?

From what I understand though is that the setting option is to alert you if you go over the speed limit.

1. Overspeeed is 0km/h the GPS will alert you when you reach exactly the speed limit.
              2. Overspeed is 10km/h if you want to be slightly overspeeding but maybe within the tolerance level policy of most cops.
              3. Overspeed is 20km/h if you want the software to warn you that you might get caught already if someone is monitoring your speed.
              4. Overspeed is 30km/h or 40km/h you are living on the edge hehehe!

That is probably why you don't get any warning, because you set it at 40km above speed limit Try 0kmh first and if it gets annoying then adjust accordingly.

Also of course there are some roads which has posted speed limits but might not be enforced or not practical. For example a subdivision with a 20kph speed limit but everyone goes 30kph anyway.

If you ask me over 10kph is maybe the best setting, to avoid a noisy GPS.

Lastly, I am sure that the speed limits are based on the map speed limit, if the map does not show speed limits, then it won't work. So test it in superhighways and stuff. Well last last note, I am not sure if our RG Navitel map does have the speed limit data or not.

HTH!
              TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                Hahaha!

I am not by a long shot a navitel expert But now that I saw your post, I will try to simulate, but we can't be sure if it's a navitel software thing or a map thing.

A bit OT, but I just noticed you are now a contributor, wondering now if you are the first ever pure navitel user that became a contributor? !!!!!

TTFN
                Arvin
                ---

Me? First pure Navi-user contributor. Am honored. haha. Maybe because I cant still buy Garmin device. haha. But that does not stop me from contributing.

Comment

Well last last note, I am not sure if our RG Navitel map does have the speed limit data or not.

HTH!
                  TTFN
                  Arvin[/QUOTE]

I also guess that our RG Navi map does not have speed limit data. I've tried all options but to no avail.

Prost!

Comment

Unfortunately my Navitel program or my phone has a glitch whenever I do a demo it hangs and does a full reset! I will try to test in South Super highway soon, but yeah if you notice there is no speed limit feature then there probably isn't. It might be a feature of the newer nm3 file though, not sure. Maybe the admins/mappers/gurus can confirm this.

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                      Unfortunately my Navitel program or my phone has a glitch whenever I do a demo it hangs and does a full reset! I will try to test in South Super highway soon, but yeah if you notice there is no speed limit feature then there probably isn't. It might be a feature of the newer nm3 file though, not sure. Maybe the admins/mappers/gurus can confirm this.

TTFN
                      Arvin
                      ---

new/updated Navitel Map? hahaha. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Updates are out of my control of course Plus if it is in fact only available on nm3 map files, then as of now I understand RG can't convert yet to that. I don't even know if Indonesia Navigasi is doing nm3 already or not.

But I did get to try it on Nlex, and I can confirm that our navitel map does not show the speed limits, so if it does not have the date, it will not be able to warn us if we are at or over the speed limit.

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Thanks

Thanks kuya!

I am happy with the 2011 Navi Map. and always excited contributing. When updates do come better, if none, still happy. hahaha

Prost!

Comment

Guys, the speed limit data is saved in the NavitelContent/Speedcams/Speedcams.txt file.

Now, the problem is I do not know the format needed to input data in the txt file (for example, we want to put 60 KPH in commonwealth ave, etc). Sir Arvin, I remember you have a contact from Navitel? Maybe, you can ask?

Comment

Actually No, I tried contacting them but they really don't reply, the only guy who replied to me was from Indonesia (Navigasi) he was very helpful but he is just a reseller.

I need to double check if our Navitel map has speed limit info, I imagine it should already but not sure. I don't think users can do it ourselves though.

TTFN
                              Arvin

Comment

Working...
                              X