SOS Again - Mapsource, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOS Again - Mapsource, etc.

Hi guys. Been a while since I've visited the site, and I hate to bring it up but I still need help w/ Mapsource and a new problem cropped up. I bought my Nuvi 1300 in the US in 2010 and also got the Lifetime Updater along with it since I go to the US almost every other yr. Anyway, pls bear w/ me as I recount my dilemma:

1. First the local part. I haven't been able to reinstall Mapsource since I last reported the issue (keeps looking for an earlier version), in one of the threads here. Training center is up and running but whenever I try downloading and installing Mapsource, the same error keeps popping up. Been trying to search for a cure in the forums but no luck.

2. The US part. Before I left for the US last month, I downloaded an update. A pop up said it was successful so I left it at that. When I landed in Orlando FL, I tried my Nuvi but it wouldn't pick up a satellite signal. Kept it on, went to an open space, waited over 15 mins and still no luck. I had to spend extra for a GPS to go with my car rental. Could the Contributors map and US map be cancelling each other out? I might have downloaded both into the unit itself and not in separate memory cards.

3. When I got back home, I retried my Nuvi and lo and behold, it picked up a satellite signal. So back in the Phils, I have the same problem (see item 1 above). I've been wanting to contribute more WPs and POIs but can't. It's frustrating to see new versions of the map but being unable to DL. Help please. Thanks

Originally posted by Amphib1 View Post
    Hi guys. Been a while since I've visited the site, and I hate to bring it up but I still need help w/ Mapsource and a new problem cropped up. I bought my Nuvi 1300 in the US in 2010 and also got the Lifetime Updater along with it since I go to the US almost every other yr. Anyway, pls bear w/ me as I recount my dilemma:

1. First the local part. I haven't been able to reinstall Mapsource since I last reported the issue (keeps looking for an earlier version), in one of the threads here. Training center is up and running but whenever I try downloading and installing Mapsource, the same error keeps popping up. Been trying to search for a cure in the forums but no luck.

2. The US part. Before I left for the US last month, I downloaded an update. A pop up said it was successful so I left it at that. When I landed in Orlando FL, I tried my Nuvi but it wouldn't pick up a satellite signal. Kept it on, went to an open space, waited over 15 mins and still no luck. I had to spend extra for a GPS to go with my car rental. Could the Contributors map and US map be cancelling each other out? I might have downloaded both into the unit itself and not in separate memory cards.

3. When I got back home, I retried my Nuvi and lo and behold, it picked up a satellite signal. So back in the Phils, I have the same problem (see item 1 above). I've been wanting to contribute more WPs and POIs but can't. It's frustrating to see new versions of the map but being unable to DL. Help please. Thanks
    1.gmaputil by legtu. search for it here
    2.should have waited longer. maps don't cancel each other out. (at least not those of a different area)
    3.see 1.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk for Android v2.
    Last edited by Jan; 05-11-2012, 00:04.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

That was easy.

Jan, thank you very much. Installed gmaputil and got Mapsource running again. It was that simple.

Thanks also to legtu for coming up with this fix.

Maraming salamat.
      Muchas gracias.

Comment

help with my 265wt

hi sir,

newbie, i recently bought my garmin 265wt, but when i used it i found out that only US and canada maps are loaded with it.

will you pls help what files do i need to download so i can use my gps here in manila/phils.

appreciate all the help sir,

im browsing the pages but i get confused of all that many info, i dont know what to dload.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan4k View Post
          hi sir,

newbie, i recently bought my garmin 265wt, but when i used it i found out that only US and canada maps are loaded with it.

will you pls help what files do i need to download so i can use my gps here in manila/phils.

appreciate all the help sir,

im browsing the pages but i get confused of all that many info, i dont know what to dload.
          all you need is in this thread.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2348

Comment

Working...
          X