Garmin on iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bassman8379 View Post
    Nice! How did you get it to work? I have a Jb'd iphone 5 and garmin USA on it. my problem is I don't know how and where to download the rg for garmin map. can you help me with it please. :-)
    Same problem... garmin singapore n jb installed in my 4s ... Help pls... ty

Comment

Originally posted by jayteecie View Post
      Wifi only iPads don't have aGPS. Only those with cellular have GPS chips but don't necessarily need cell signals to get a fix. Try it without any sim card and it will still work.
      IPad Model: 3rd gen. iPad : iPad 2 : 1st Gen iPad 1
      Assisted GPS: 4G/3G model only :3G model only : 3G model only

Comment

Originally posted by mlkanapi View Post
        Any one using Garmin on their iPhones? Check out the screenshots below
        GarminScreenshots.rar
        Sorry I cannot seem to upload the screenshots directly

Maybe users can signify if they have successfully set this up in their iPhones
        Successfully did it on my iOS devices after following some guides on the net :-)

Here are the steps with some revisions:

Things that you will need:

the Garmin OnBoard app for iOS (it’s a blue icon with the word U.S.A. on it) <or any Garmin Onboard app>
        a jailbroken iPhone + iPhone cable
        iFunbox
        iFile
        RG map file (or any map of your choice)

Next using iFunbox, copy your map (which has the extension .img) file to //var/mobile/Applications/[USA]/Library/sdcard/Garmin/. If you cannot located the application “USA”, sort the apps by date.

(Note that [USA] is denoted by some random numbers in some file viewer. More on that later.) You might also want to copy the .img file to //var/mobile/Applications/[USA]/Garmin-nav.app/storage-usa/.System

If you cannot locate “garmin-nav.app”, that’s because it is shown as “USA” in iFunbox. How intuitive is that? * duhhhh *

Next you will need to use iFile. The trick is trying to locate the application number and match it against the iFile, because as I mentioned earlier, even though iFunbox shows the name “USA”, it is actually shown as some random numbers in iFile. Just double-click the app in iFunbox and note the numbers shown at the title bar.

In iFile, locate all the files that you have just copied, and set these ownership and permissions:

Ownership:

Owner: mobile; Group: mobile

Access Permissions:

User: Read, Write, Execute

Group: Read, Execute

World: Read, Execute

If you cannot see certain folders in iFiles (such as .System), make sure that you “show hidden files” in the iFiles options. ...
        Last edited by warfab; 03-07-2013, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
          Successfully did it on my iOS devices after following some guides on the net :-)

Here are the steps with some revisions:
          Good job Warfab. I'm sure there will be more members who will be able to successfully use Garmin on their IOS devices. One thing I noted is that the img file to be used should have .approm instead of .img☺

Comment

Good job Warfab. I'm sure there will be more members who will be able to successfully use Garmin on their IOS devices. One thing I noted is that the img file to be used should have .approm instead of .img☺
            used img extension and it still works

Comment

hello guys is there garmin apps on android phone like samsung galaxy s3?

Comment

Is it really not possible to do this without jailbreaking? I saw a website indicating that you do not need a jailbroken iOS device, however it did mention something about locked maps. Isn't the contributor map a locked one?
                Last edited by DKCN; 03-19-2013, 22:11.

Comment

IPhone 5

Working on my iPhone 5...
                  IOS 6.0.2
                  Did not upgrade to 6.1.4 as to preserve JB capability

Comment

Originally posted by DKCN View Post
                    Is it really not possible to do this without jailbreaking? I saw a website indicating that you do not need a jailbroken iOS device, however it did mention something about locked maps. Isn't the contributor map a locked one?
                    You need to have your ios gadget jailbreaked for you to upload PH map into your ios unit. Unless Garmin sells a streetpilot for ios bundled with a PH map, this (streetpilot with other country's map + jailbreak + replace with PH map) is the only solution to get a garmin on your ios device.

Comment

Lost the ability to run Garmin after upgrading to IOS 7.0.4 and jailbreaking my iPhone 5..

Comment

Lost the ability to run Garmin after upgrading to IOS 7.0.4 and jailbreaking my iPhone 5..
                        This is even after you've done the necessary tweaks you previously did?

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. The installer I used is old compared to IOS 7 and refuses to be installed using iFunbox..

Comment

Garmin on Iphone 6

Trying to upload images
                            Hello,
                            the screenshot looks great.
                            A newbir here. Just will be home sa Phils soon and need a working GPS both in driving and walking for IPhone with latest IOS.
                            can anyone please redirect me to a link or any downloadable here? thanks very much.

Comment

cant seem to find Garmin app for Philippines in appstore.. maybe becuase my appstore is registered here in Europé.
                              Was hoping i can buy/download the maps for Philippines (at least in Metro Manila) since will be returning there for good-
                              Any help? downloadable map links that would work for Iphones?
                              Thanks alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Owsh View Post
                                cant seem to find Garmin app for Philippines in appstore.. maybe becuase my appstore is registered here in Europé.
                                Was hoping i can buy/download the maps for Philippines (at least in Metro Manila) since will be returning there for good-
                                Any help? downloadable map links that would work for Iphones?
                                Thanks alot.
                                Is your Iphone Garmin App using the gmapsupp.img format? You can download here
                                d1754
                                "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                                those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                                . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Working...
                                X