TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Our tires are heavy, I have invested on this, a bit pricey but I have peace of mind.
    [URL=""]
    [IMG]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/jspalaroan/Everest%20pics/IMAG0341.jpg[/IMG

No dangling wires (same w/ my Nuvi)
    Thevalve

The sensor mounted in rim

My tire pressure at 30 psi

Last edited by jspalaroan; 03-03-2012, 15:58.

New toy again. Very nice and useful. Btw how did conceal the wires specially your nuvi.

Comment

cool! would like to have one, but since you said it's expensive, i changed my mind. after all, when jim says it's expensive, then it truly is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by eccm View Post
        New toy again. Very nice and useful. Btw how did conceal the wires specially your nuvi.
        I consider it as a neccesity on my part at least to justify 😄 The nuvi wires are run just behind the dashboard, its easy as there is still some gap between the windshield and the dashboard, while the wires of the TPMS run on the ceiling. Both wires are terminated in a dual cigarette lighter which i bought at ordinary telecom shop and this is installed inside behind the glove compartment. Since both plugs has an LED, it serves also as a light/ lamp when you open the glove compartment.

By the way , total cost of TpMs was around p12,500.00 including wheel balancing,weights, freight , taxes and duties, nitrogen for tires, installation fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

kuya, can those led display be turned off?, and does it have an audible alarm for low tire pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by elkabong View Post
            kuya, can those led display be turned off?, and does it have an audible alarm for low tire pressure?
            Yes, it can be turned off, switch is at the bottom (middle) part of the mirror, when i adjust the rear view mirror, sometimes i accidentally turn off the switch Yes, audible alarm can be heard if low pressure occurs.

Comment

TPMS is one of the reasons why I opted for the higher end Montero Sport GTV instead of the GLS-V and I'd say the convenience of not having to check your tire pressure every now and then anymore (among other else features) is really worth the extra premium .
              Last edited by jayteecie; 03-04-2012, 08:20.

Comment

tpms

nice toy kuya!!that's really useful, i had one in our old vehicle, adventure 2003 supersport model, it had wired antennas underneath the chassis, same unit with the old pajeros,when one got busted last 2011(this is the one im selling in the sarisari store,3 extras left for those with the old model), i had no choice but to replace the whole set since the newer tpms are already wireless, it's very useful specially when u often go long distance travel..i got it for 13k from winterpine, the accredited accessory shop of mitsubishi..
                Last edited by princehenrydamasco; 03-04-2012, 21:05.

Comment

That is a big amount of money jspalaroan, i got mine around 8,000 which also includes everything.

Here's what mine looks like.

Last edited by teamjm; 03-06-2012, 19:07.

Comment

What's the brand? Is it the same the one sold in Amazon? Or it was locally purchase here? Yup, this stuff (Mounted in rear view mirror is costly)

Comment

ill hope that garmin will inlude this features (TPMS) to their future models just like ecoRoute HD which monitors the engine.

Comment

For the longest time, I've been eying the Orange TPMS but I find the idea of another gadget cluttering up the dashboard unappealing.

Well, that solution wherein the receiver is integrated with the rear view mirror is one step better than Orange's.

Anyway, excuse my pickyness as what I'm looking for in a receiver is something that can output the tire pressure readings through a composite video so I can selectively see it through my double-DIN multimedia player. I've got one more A/V input channel available (the other one will be for the reverse camera). If anyone of you have seen one, please do share.
                        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by elkabong View Post
                          ill hope that garmin will inlude this features (TPMS) to their future models just like ecoRoute HD which monitors the engine.
                          Yup, Garmin RF sensor installed in the rims.

Comment

After 4 months, I have tested this TPMS when one of my tire had a problem with screw stuck on my tire The tire pressure is too low at 25 psi- and keeps on alarming (beep sound) (my tire pressure is set to 30 psi- during cold weather, it starts lower (about 27 psi) than this and eventually reach at the rated pressure setting)- save me from the hassles and immediately went to vulcanizing shop... here are the pics.
                            [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                              After 4 months, I have tested this TPMS when one of my tire had a problem with screw stuck on my tire The tire pressure is too low at 25 psi- and keeps on alarming (beep sound) (my tire pressure is set to 30 psi- during cold weather, it starts lower (about 27 psi) than this and eventually reach at the rated pressure setting)- save me from the hassles and immediately went to vulcanizing shop... here are the pics.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Its a very useful gadget

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X