1 Sec tracking accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Sec tracking accuracy?

I am not sure where on the forum to ask this question, but here goes.
    I have recording tracks with my Nuvi set for 1 sec tracking, and some of the main roads as well the side roads, do not match my tracking, is it my Nuvi or does the mapping need to defined more accurately??, The tracks run parallel to the roads, and on corners the tracks bend at a different position.
    Do I submit these tracks, or ignore the errors..

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
    I am not sure where on the forum to ask this question, but here goes.
    I have recording tracks with my Nuvi set for 1 sec tracking, and some of the main roads as well the side roads, do not match my tracking, is it my Nuvi or does the mapping need to defined more accurately??, The tracks run parallel to the roads, and on corners the tracks bend at a different position.
    Do I submit these tracks, or ignore the errors..
    submit in the 1s thread fr caliration.

(do a test: track the same road a couple of different times (different days - different weather - etc.... - you'll see that hardly two tracks are the same)
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

our gps units have best accuracy at around 3 meters or 10 feet ... it could mean the next pass on the same road could be as much as 20 feet off from the previous pass

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        submit in the 1s thread fr caliration.

(do a test: track the same road a couple of different times (different days - different weather - etc.... - you'll see that hardly two tracks are the same)
        i've thought about this before... i have a lot of recorded tracks (from 4 different gpsr's) and most of the recorded tracks doesn't actually match up (i know about the variations on accuracy) and given this and other unknown variables, is it really a good idea to integrate the tracks submitted in the 1s track calibration thread into the map?

a recorded track taken from the same unit could vary greatly (depending on the current conditions the tracks were recorded) so a contributor could potentially submit a track calibration that is actually off (or less accurate) than then one already in the map. averaging multiple track submissions before integrating them into the map might help but would also require more work.

i've actually held off submitting any of my recorded tracks because i wouldn't want to unintentionally submit an 'inaccurate' track.
        got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
          averaging multiple track submissions before integrating them into the map might help but would also require more work.

This is what we do w tracks from d 1s verification thread. (As it is the only way)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Comment

its great to know that the submitted tracks are averaged before being integrated. in relation to this, would it be ok to upload multiple submissions of the same track in the 1s calibration thread?
            got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
              its great to know that the submitted tracks are averaged before being integrated. in relation to this, would it be ok to upload multiple submissions of the same track in the 1s calibration thread?

It would be highly appreciated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X