X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Stick flying over Sta Rosa Laguna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rTnV...ature=youtu.be

Comment

i wonder if i can still manage to fly that thing with that distance. nice spy camera!

Comment

Does a "standard" Slow Stick already have enough power to carry a camera?

I want to do something like this for quite a while already. I was thinking about a helicopter, but when I see your photos & video, I think a Slow Stick might be just what I need...

Comment

funny ive been flying the real thing since i was 18 but i dont know how to fly this thing...

i want to try one...
          Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
          - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Funny indeed

But for me its the opposite, Ive been flying RC planes since the 90's, worked for a company that bulit 2 and 4 seater kit planes but I myself have never ridden in a real plane before

Comment

Originally posted by Manok View Post
              Does a "standard" Slow Stick already have enough power to carry a camera?

I want to do something like this for quite a while already. I was thinking about a helicopter, but when I see your photos & video, I think a Slow Stick might be just what I need...
              The standard brushed 380 or 400 sized motor that comes with the kit is inadequate, your better off buying the slow stick without the motor and put in a brushless motor setup with at least 150 watts of power rating swinging a 10 inch prop or more.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Apex!

Did you buy your plane & other RC equipment here in the Philippines?

I did see some people flying RC planes here in Iloilo, but as far as I know, there's no shop here selling such equipment.

Comment

Try logging in to this website, lots of info on where you could get your RC stuff here in the philippines, I got the slowstick at Duck's RC shop in Makati

http://www.rcphilippines.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Apex View Post
                    I got the slowstick at Duck's RC shop in Makati
                    Duck doesn't have them (anymore/at the moment.) He's recommending the Sky Surfer. That seems a neat plane, and I like the way the prop is placed, but hanging a camera under that plane is not possible.

Comment

Guys, I love these photos.

I have never had an RC plane, but have always wanted one... Where do I start?

Can I just go and buy one of the beginner planes I see on Sulit and start flying? I used to play a lot of Microsoft Flight Simulator - does that help?

Can you guys recommend a beginner plane?

I'm based down in Calamba and have a lot of open rice fields to fly over

Comment

@stevensan

Its not recommended that you fly alone, Im from Sta Rosa Laguna and we have a group of RC flyers who fly regularly during weekends here in Laguna, login to this website and look for the Laguna Flyers thread

http://www.rcphilippines.com/

The slowstick is an excellent plane for newbies, its very forgiving, and relatively easy to fly

Comment

Sharing a few shots from the cam plane

Laguna Lake, Talim Island on the horizon, shot from N14.33361 E121.09361

Shot from Binan, Taguig on the horizon, shot from N14.33361 E121.09361

Comment

these aerial photos speak for themselves. can you share the cam specs (megapixel rating, weight, dimensions, brand) etc?

adding aerial photography to the already very interesting rc hobby is like putting icing to a really good cake! kudos, apex!

Comment

marindukenyo

Camera used is the Canon A490 as mentioned in the first post

see specs on the link below
                              http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...90/post.html#b

A few more shots from the cam plane

Newly built monument of Rizal, the biggest in the country, built infront of Calamba's Municipal Hall

Comment

Amazing what you guys do! Perhaps a GoPro HD will be a nice addition? Videos and periodic photos?

Comment

Working...
                                X