Aerial Photography with an RC plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerial Photography with an RC plane

Did a few aerial shots on my electric powered rc plane carrying a Canon A490 point and shoot digicam under its belly.

Plane is powered by a 200 watt brushless motor turning an 11 inch diameter propeller and an 11.1 volt, 1300 mah lithium polymer battery.

Plane with cam installed

Fabricated cam mount with servo installed to actuate the shutter button

Aerial pics, RC pilot on lower left portion of pic

Entrance to the Cemetery where I fly

Low cost housing beside the national road and laguna lake on the horizon

Tall transmission tower inside the cemetery

Laguna Lake at 5.5km away from where I fly

Ricefield beside the cemetery

A Church at Belair subdivision Sta Rosa Laguna

Belair subdivision

Nice picture. It would be better if the camera is facing downward and with a gps to record shot position that can be used for Photogrametry
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Wow! Nice shots!

With the recent landslide disasters in northern Negros Oriental, this got me thinking that this is might be an effective method of assessing a disaster area so that rescuers can properly plan their course of action or check the safety and stability of the area thru aerial pictures.

Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
        Wow! Nice shots!

With the recent landslide disasters in northern Negros Oriental, this got me thinking that this is might be an effective method of assessing a disaster area so that rescuers can properly plan their course of action or check the safety and stability of the area thru aerial pictures.

Thanks for sharing...
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

very good shots, nice flying too
          Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
          - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Wow!!!! captivating landscape...

Hoping this can be put to good use... such as mentioned by kuya Borgie

Comment

A Church at Belair subdivision Sta Rosa Laguna

Belair subdivision
              [/QUOTE]

Good Am apex, when was this shot taken, we fly every sat inside Bel air subd beside the church, exactly where your picture is, nice shot, ang linaw...

Comment

Bong

This is Mike, magkalilala tayo

Did two tests flight near home late in the afternoon and with the sun setting fast. experimented with the cam settings and practiced my aiming skills

Gym beside a school campus

Runway, pilot visible in this shot

Entrance to subdivision going towards home

Shot of our home

Enchanted kingdom parking lot, 600 meters away from where i took off
                Last edited by Apex; 02-24-2012, 14:47.

Comment

Surveillance Camera?

Nice pics.. and nice plane.. almost as if it were one of those surveillance drones of US air force

Comment

aerial video

thanks you give me interest in radio controled flying . . so i bought an rc-helicopter, a spy pen camera at cdrking . . . to lessen the load i dismatled the spy pen then attached it to the side of the helicopter body. . and presto it fly . . my 1st flight coz damage a broken blade . . repair it . . 2nd flight wow successful . . replay the video . . there's a distortion caused by motor vibration (video links to follow . . uploading to youtube going -on) . . . next project . . i plan to install my video cam with gps . . attached photos
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rexiejun View Post
                      thanks you give me interest in radio controled flying . . so i bought an rc-helicopter, a spy pen camera at cdrking . . . to lessen the load i dismatled the spy pen then attached it to the side of the helicopter body. . and presto it fly . . my 1st flight coz damage a broken blade . . repair it . . 2nd flight wow successful . . replay the video . . there's a distortion caused by motor vibration (video links to follow . . uploading to youtube going -on) . . . next project . . i plan to install my video cam with gps . . attached photos
                      here's the video link ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lME-LTdquY
                      Last edited by rexiejun; 02-28-2012, 13:32. Reason: replace video link

Comment

Originally posted by rexiejun View Post
                        Ayos ... hope you'll be able to perfect the camera mounting to eliminate vibration. Didn't know that that CDR King spy pen thingy is capable of taking such clear videos ... thanks for sharing kuya

Comment

very nice set up and a good start...

... with a little more tinkering on the vibrations department, you will be able to perfect it

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                          - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Wattanice Shots and a toy for the BIGBoys!
                            If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Wow,

That CDR King pen sure takes good videos :sly:

Ill try and upload a video taken from the camera mounted on the same plane soon.

A few more pics taken from the RC plane cam

Municipal Hall of Sta Rosa Laguna

SM Sta Rosa Laguna

Where I took off, RC pilot barely visible in this photo

Laguna lake, 2 kms away from flying site

Centennial Memorial Park with Tgayatay palace in the sky on the horizon

Canossa School Campus beside the flying site

Buena Rosa Subdivision, Taguig visible on the horizon

Comment

Working...
                              X