Pls recommend GPS tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kuya rixxer, pm sent
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

got the PM sir, hope you can give us feedback regarding its usage. im sure some are also interested in this.

Comment

in due time i will sir
        Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
          thanks for all your inputs mga kuya..

i've already ordered this gadget online ...
          Mini Spy Vehicle Realtime Tracker For GSM GPRS GPS System Tracking Device TK102

looks like a M109

i hope this functions like M109 too.
          I have a problem with this tracker. I accidentally press the SOS and it send text message "help me!" every 3 minutes. I could not stop it. The manual says that to stop send SMS "help me! to the tracker that I did but still it won't stop sending the SOS message to my cp.

Is there any other way to stop it?
          Last edited by d1754; 02-23-2012, 03:49. Reason: misspelled
          d1754
          "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
          those who accept it avoid the snares of death
          . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
            I have a problem with this tracker. I accidentally press the SOS and it send text message "help me!" every 3 minutes. I could not stop it. The manual says that to stop send SMS "help me! to the tracker that I did but still it won't stop sending the SOS message to my cp.

Is there any other way to stop it?
            did you try sending "help me!" without the quotations?

or you can maybe remove the unit's battery and see if it resets itself.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
              i can confirm this as i have the same unit. you just enter the texted coordinates in google earth, google map or mapsource if you prefer.

oh btw, i think it also has a feature wherein you can hear the conversation inside the vehicle. just make sure your wife doesn't use it on you.
              nice one kuya pokz

oh btw, my two sets of GPS tracker finally arrived yesterday from hong kong (i ordered it online)...

did some reading on the manual and had a dry run with my messenger...

my initial reviews
              - easy to use indeed
              - as advertised - supports non server based location (you can use it even if you're not online) tried it on google earth pa lang as i dont know how to input coordinates in mapsource
              - easy (for the second time) commands to follow
              - this is a really no-nonsense simple yet techie gadget

hmmmm, i know, i will retain one unit and sell the other to my big brother

ONE question kuya pokz, how do i input coordinates in mapsource?

sorry, can't seem to figure out how
              Last edited by pokz; 02-24-2012, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                nice one kuya pokz

ONE question kuya pokz, how do i input coordinates in mapsource?

sorry, can't seem to figure out how
                Attached Files
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

thank you very much kuya hbt

Comment

its nice you already got your unit. congrats. now i want one too

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                      did you try sending "help me!" without the quotations?

or you can maybe remove the unit's battery and see if it resets itself.
                      Yes without quotation but I can not stop it, so I removed the battery.
                      d1754
                      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
                        I can do that using the M109. All I have to do is call the sim card number of the GPS tracker and it will text back the location.
                        sir can you give hints on how to activate its realtime tracking? TIA

got it already
                        Last edited by VFORCE3; 02-29-2012, 10:10.

Comment

i have a real time tracker the tk 102 0r 103.

you need to have a platform to monitor online your unit, sending or calling the sim inserted to the unit will just give you the coordinate, speed, etc that you need to plot it in your mapsource/ge to view location. texting and calling the unit for location report will make your budget much lighter coz it dont need internet subscription.

it would be good if you use a passive gps unit like the columbus v900. it can store more than a months of tracks

Comment

try to install the free plaform, open gts. this will save you from the montly/yearly subscription of the platform for online monitoring

Comment

Originally posted by docsamcruz View Post
                              i have a real time tracker the tk 102 0r 103.

you need to have a platform to monitor online your unit, sending or calling the sim inserted to the unit will just give you the coordinate, speed, etc that you need to plot it in your mapsource/ge to view location. texting and calling the unit for location report will make your budget much lighter coz it dont need internet subscription.

it would be good if you use a passive gps unit like the columbus v900. it can store more than a months of tracks
                              Originally posted by docsamcruz View Post
                              try to install the free plaform, open gts. this will save you from the montly/yearly subscription of the platform for online monitoring
                              Hi doc, can you give me specific free platform you are using with your 103?
                              Also, what's the meaning of "gts" ?
                              TIA

Comment

gts is global tracking system. what i meant is that if you want to shy away with monthly/annual platform usage fee, u can try installing open gts. it is an open source real time tracking system that is expandable which means that you can add number of tracking units like as in fleet management system but you need a computer programmer to install it.

real time monitoringin its true sense is really expensive. better go for passive monitoring unless your doing it for business that would make it cost effective.

Comment

Working...
                                X