Pls recommend GPS tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pls recommend GPS tracker

hi, can anyone recommend a gps tracker that i can use for the motorcycle of my messenger...

thanks for any inputs
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
    hi, can anyone recommend a gps tracker that i can use for the motorcycle of my messenger...

thanks for any inputs
    what do you need exactly? an active (one that you can track thru sms) or a passive (regular logger) tracker?

Comment

if available, i need both (active+passive) in one device kuya poks...
      Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
        if available, i need both (active+passive) in one device kuya poks...
        hmmm, i'm not sure if you can find both features in one device. maybe there is, but i'm just not aware of it.

for regular logging, i use my i-blue 747.
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/i-Blue-747A-...item3f12c5c113

i also have a tracker that uses sms to give back the real-time coordinates of the vehicle, but i haven't used it yet. i just tested it once and it does work.
        http://www.ebay.ph/itm/GPS-Tracker-/...item1c18a05557

Comment

thanks for the info, i'll Google it

Comment

I can't vouch for them, but I was looking for Motorcycle Alarm/ GPS Logger that would send SMS with GPS Location. I really wanted one with 2 way so you could send an SMS Reply and it immobilizes the Ignition.

Anyway here is one website I came across with GPS Loggers, some with SMS capability also:-

http://www.chinavasion.com/index.php...s-gps-gadgets/

GPS / Sat Nav Devices
            Wholesale GPS Tracking Devices From China

The GPS Tracking Devices category includes products for remotely tracking / tracing the location of your belongings, vehicle, family ... or even for spying on people's whereabouts! You'll also find USB Sat Nav adapters for your PC, and GPS Jammers if you want to disable unwanted GPS tracking for privacy protection.

All our GPS Gadgets are OEM models of famous brand products, meaning everything you find here uses the newest chipsets and firmware to give you the best user experience possible while being half the price of the "name-brand" models. The GPS Tracking products you see here are often introduced by us a good 3-6 months ahead of the general market, giving our resellers and channel partners a distinct advantage over competitors. And of course, all our GPS Gadgets come with our usual factory direct low China Wholesale Price!

So, whether you need a GPS Tracker for business, GPS Data Logger for outdoor exploring, or Personal GPS Tracker for your family, everything you need can be found in the GPS Tracking Devices category at Chinavasion.

See more on website...
            You need to decide if you want something small and portable (battery powered), or wired into the bikes battery, so it always on.

Looks like the smaller and more expensive Waterproof unit is better suited to a Motorcycle, that has internal Battery, that can be charged from external USB it seems?

Then again 103 (L) x 54 (W) x 34 (H) mm is not very big, with external GPS and GSM antennae - designed for Car use, rather than motorcycle I think.

Here is a YouTube Video:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42gGg...layer_embedded
            Last edited by Britster; 02-10-2012, 20:19.

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

Waterproof GPS/GSM Vehicle Tracker, Alarm Systems (MT-113-S)

Again I have no experience of this company/product - just another I was looking at for motorcycle use, that can kill the ignition via SMS also.

Product Description

Water-proof GPS/GPRS Vehicle Tracker for Motorcycle, Car and Bus (MT113-S)

MT113 GPS Motorcycle/vehicle tracker is the cost-effective solution for security & Real-time tracking. It is suitable for Car/Motorcycle/Truck Tracking

The special features on this model is:

Water-proof design with internal GSM & GPS antennas,
                Support workable voltage range from 5.3 V to 24 V, can use on motorcycle, car, bus, truck.
                Track on command or by time interval via SMS/GPRS.
                Built-in odometer function;
                With inbuilt motion sensor for shake alarm, power saving & GPRS flow saving;
                I/O: 2 inputs and 1output
                Upgrade any ordinary car alarm to GPS alarm system;
                512kb internal memory to store offline datas
                Mini size, installation is very simple
                Cut off engine to stop vehicle remotely by SMS

1. Integrated GPS & GSM antenna, high sensitivity with -165dB
                2. Auto tracking by SMS/GPRS (TCP/UDP supported)
                3. Locate by SMS with Google map's link
                4. Arm/disarm system by phone call or SMS
                5. Movement alert with internal motion sensor, it is used as an alarm
                6. Geo-fence, over-speed & power cut-off alert
                7. SOS button to call for help in case of emergency
                8. Supported by TS01 or TS03 platform, user can check the real physical address (city, street, etc)
                9. It can be used to upgrade the normal alarm
                10. Power save design with 800 mAh backup battery 11. Water-proof, compact size. Easy installation
                12. Cut off engine (optional) 13. Engine ON/OFF detecting 14. Industrial design to work in hard conditions for motorcycle/car/truck, wide working voltage range: 5.3VDC 50VDC 15. Odometer function (=mileage report) 16. Inbuilt 512Kb data logger

You can set Shake alarm, Engine on alarm, Movement alarm, Geo-gence alarm, Emergency alarm

When car is moved illegally, you can get a SMS alarm on your mobile.

When car engine is started, you can get alarm on your mobile

When you find car is stolen, you can send 111111STP to stop car remotely by SMS.

In case of emergency, Pressing sos button, MT-113 will send sos alarm secretly for help

Comment

GPS Tracker Philippines
                  no recommendation coz i haven't tried any of them yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Mh-X4Gaf27U
                  http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...&featureType=1

Comment

Originally posted by rhodor View Post
                    GPS Tracker Philippines
                    no recommendation coz i haven't tried any of them yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Mh-X4Gaf27U
                    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...&featureType=1
                    I use the M109. Reliable
                    d1754
                    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                    . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

interesting! are these effective in searching the whereabouts of your vehicle? I mean if I have a sales person doing the sales call, will I see his/her whereabouts?
                      *** Ohhh it's the one and only SioKoy!!! ***

Comment

Originally posted by sioks View Post
                        interesting! are these effective in searching the whereabouts of your vehicle? I mean if I have a sales person doing the sales call, will I see his/her whereabouts?
                        I can do that using the M109. All I have to do is call the sim card number of the GPS tracker and it will text back the location.
                        d1754
                        "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                        those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                        . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
                          I can do that using the M109. All I have to do is call the sim card number of the GPS tracker and it will text back the location.
                          i can confirm this as i have the same unit. you just enter the texted coordinates in google earth, google map or mapsource if you prefer.

oh btw, i think it also has a feature wherein you can hear the conversation inside the vehicle. just make sure your wife doesn't use it on you.
                          Last edited by pokz; 02-24-2012, 21:19.

Comment

thanks for all your inputs mga kuya..

i've already ordered this gadget online ...
                            Mini Spy Vehicle Realtime Tracker For GSM GPRS GPS System Tracking Device TK102

looks like a M109

i hope this functions like M109 too.

Comment

can you pm me where you get it and how much? tyvm

Comment

Working...
                              X