SYGIC Gps Navigator Software for Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arjiegodz View Post
    ,can any1 help me how to have a navigator. please teach me step by step.. sorry.. im just a newbie here.
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    Since your using an Android phone I suggest that you download either OSMAND or MAPFACTOR Navigator Free
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Kuya, I know OSMAnd does not work with RG maps, does Mapfactor work with our map?

Do we have a review of Mapfactor already? If not can you write one

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

MapFactor uses openstreet map and tomtom commercial map

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          Kuya, I know OSMAnd does not work with RG maps, does Mapfactor work with our map?

Do we have a review of Mapfactor already? If not can you write one

TTFN
          Arvin
          Arvin;

OSMAND and Mapfactor both uses the OSM. The beauty with this two navigator is that the map is being updated at least every month. NAVITEL is ok because it uses the RG navitel free map but NAVITEL is not free and the map is not updated since it was introduced. These are the navigators that I am using in my Samsung Galaxy 7.7.
          Last edited by d1754; 01-04-2013, 13:36. Reason: Addendum
          d1754

Comment

Thanks for confirmation guys!

So still no Android based software that takes RG maps, except Navitel, which is not free plus the RG map for navitel is not regularly updated.

I have OSMAnd on my phone but after the initial test, never bothered using it anymore, will have to remember to delete it, I have Navitel on my phone and it still beats the crap out of any latest OSM map for Philippines.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
              Since your using an Android phone I suggest that you download either OSMAND or MAPFACTOR Navigator Free
              ok i will try to dl mapfactor
              i try to dl osmand. but there is no street view. and i cant use it as a navigator. its only a map.

Comment

is the SYGIC ok?

Comment

mapfactor is ok so is navdroyd maps updated 1/03/13.

Comment

Originally posted by jojoh View Post
                    mapfactor is ok so is navdroyd maps updated 1/03/13.
                    Navdroyd cost ₱ 265.78
                    d1754

Comment

To those who are wondering the performance of Sygic, here it is.

I have been using SYGIC for a year now, then I just bought their latest app last week because before my ipad 2 is jailbroken , but i decided not to JB it now because it's hard to update the iOS. anyways, i bought the Sygic app to support the developers.

One year after, still SYGIC is best in Metro Manila. The software is almost blind in the provinces. If your destination is in NCR, then you have the most intelligent turn-by-turn navigation application on your smartphone or tablet.

I am a heavy GPS user. I said intelligent because SYGIC is like a human being or better when it guides you in the in the Metro.

For example, it will tell you in advance that you need to turn right "on the third right". The app will tell you like this:

"On the third street, turn right".

And then as you approach that street it will buzz to alarm you then immediately say "turn right". Combined with the nice user user interface it will be impossible for you to miss the direction.

The voice of SYGIC is also more natural, with no hiccups unlike papago which is more robotic (because i also have papago).

Sygic also prevents me to swerve lanes because it prepares you to take the right lane.

Overall, i use SYGIC if destination is NCR while PAPAGO in the provinces.

Comment

i've tried the free trial version of sygic. i really liked it. i'm considering purchasing it.
                        is the paid version just like the trial version? or does the paid version have more options and features than the trial version?

Comment

i think its the same. trial version only lasts 30 days. also used sygic but switched to Navitel because it has more information in it.

Comment

Sygic is on promo this season (30% off with Buy 1 Take 1). I bought the complete Wold map package.

And for a 4.49 Euro add-on, you can turn your phone into a HUD. Pretty nice.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Offline maps now free for everybody.

... At least for those with android devices
                              Last edited by warfab; 04-14-2014, 21:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X