No announcement yet.

SYGIC Gps Navigator Software for Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navdroyd is better than navitel and sygic and maybe garmin on iphone.

Comment

I have both navdroyd and navitel on my s2, navdroyd is ok because the maps are updated on a regular basis using osm map data.

Bad thing is, it really really sucks at searches, a lot of streets and waypoints don't show up in the search results even though they are clearly present on the map.

Navitel/roadguide still has the best collection of waypoints, I just hope that we finally see a contributor's version of the Navitel map, it will be a big help for those who do not own a Garmin device.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyking View Post
        I have both navdroyd and navitel on my s2, navdroyd is ok because the maps are updated on a regular basis using osm map data.

Bad thing is, it really really sucks at searches, a lot of streets and waypoints don't show up in the search results even though they are clearly present on the map.

Navitel/roadguide still has the best collection of waypoints, I just hope that we finally see a contributor's version of the Navitel map, it will be a big help for those who do not own a Garmin device.
        Try OSMAND. I am using it on my Samsung GalaxyTab 7.7
        d1754
        "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
        those who accept it avoid the snares of death
        . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, just downloaded and installed osmand, seems pretty good, offline search works like a charm. Uninstalled Navdroyd immediately! Let's see how this compares to Navitel in the coming days.

Comment

ill try this one tomorrow.

thanks for the updates.

Comment

downloaded and undergoing more testing for this OsmAnd on galaxy y

looks promising...

will update further
              Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
              - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                downloaded and undergoing more testing for this OsmAnd on galaxy y

looks promising...

will update further
                do you need to have a map? or you just need to dowload the app? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Scoopy View Post
                  do you need to have a map? or you just need to dowload the app? thanks
                  OsmAnd could use both, online and offline maps, offline maps can be downloaded via wifi(for faster download)and then saved in your phone or SD card
                  After you install OsmAnd go to Settings>Offline Data>and click this: Click here to download or update offline data. World Base map is 32.9MB and Philippines is 60.2MB(i think PH map gets updated so the size may change

Comment

so sir right now. what is the most accurate navigator out there?

Comment

It would start a GPS app "war/debate".

But I am sure everyone will agree that the most accurate software out there are those that are RoadGuide Map compatible!

That said, it means that for me at least, Navitel is still my first choice, albeit it isn't free.

I always am partial to offline maps and hate navigation software that requires you to go online, even though I have mobile data plan now.

TTFN
                      Arvin

Comment

1.My first choice is Garmin Mobile XT (only because the map is updated regularly)
                        2.My second choice is Navitel (only because of the reason on number 1 )

Comment

yeah completely forgot Garmin XT, that would also be my first choice, just that:

a. Won't work with Android or new smartphone OS (as I understand)
                          b. Not supported by Garmin anymore, meaning there is no legal way to purchase them anymore.

But yeah I agree at least Garmin XT has the contributor's map compatibility.

Anyways I agree:
                          Garmin XT
                          Navitel

TTFN
                          Arvin

Comment

,can any1 help me how to have a navigator. please teach me step by step.. sorry.. im just a newbie here.
                            Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Arjie,

Depends, what phone do you have.

OS in particular
                              Brand/Model (might help)

You do not seem to have any preference, so you will need to decide which navigation software you want/need, or you can try them all:

Navitel:
                              http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4415

OSMAnd:
                              http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=5308

Sygic: (this topic but read the first posts)
                              http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4899

Garmin XT:
                              Sorry can't find specific Garmin XT threads because it has been discussed many time before.

As mentioned above, only Garmin XT and to an extent Navitel is supported by RG maps. There are others I think in the works though.

TTFN
                              Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arjiegodz View Post
                                ,can any1 help me how to have a navigator. please teach me step by step.. sorry.. im just a newbie here.
                                Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
                                I'm a bit confused because it is already stated in your info that you have Navitel as GPS Unit?

Comment

Working...
                                X