Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Country Map

I just want to share this to you guys.

While surfing for a south korea'n map, I came across this site http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php wherein it can generate routable maps to most if not all of the countries. It's not as detailed as RG map but it is better than no map at all. I hope this would help someone.

Yup, those maps are generated using OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. Very useful for some countries such as those in Europe. I went to Israel last year and the Garmin map I downloaded from this site has been extremely useful.

For the Philippines, just get the OSM-PH Garmin map compiled by Maning and the OSM Philippines community instead of the one from the site posted by Kutzer since the OSM-PH map has been specifically customized for Philippine use. (A good use case is to load both the RoadGuide and OSM-PH map into your Garmin unit since there are areas where OSM has more data than RG and vice versa.)
    Last edited by seav; 01-05-2012, 00:15. Reason: corrected grammar and clarified comment

Comment

OSM-PH Garmin map compiled by Maning and the OSM Philippines community instead of the one from this site since the OSM-PH map has been specifically customized for Philippine use.
      Seav,

You have to clarify what you said, at first read, I thought you were dissing RG map over OSM again! But when I reread your post, the "This site" that you mentioned probably meant the link that was posted by Kutzer and "this site" did not mean Roadguide?

Or else you'd be starting that debate about OSM vs. RG again which you started last year!

TTFN
      Arvin
      Last edited by arvin555; 01-05-2012, 00:02.

Comment

Clarification: "this site" refers to the site posted by Kutzer. I modified my reply so that it's clearer. Thanks, arvin555!

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Seav

For some reason though, having both maps checked on my GPSR does not work, I mean maptile is only one or the other, POIs maybe, but not the roads and routing. Anyone else noticed this? Someone posted that if he had RG and citinavitagor checked at the same time, at least the Junction view works.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't enable both maps at the same time. It's only 1 or the other.

Comment

Has this been confirmed that if RG and Citinavigator is checked Junction View will work?

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
              Thanks for the clarification Seav

For some reason though, having both maps checked on my GPSR does not work, I mean maptile is only one or the other, POIs maybe, but not the roads and routing. Anyone else noticed this? Someone posted that if he had RG and citinavitagor checked at the same time, at least the Junction view works.

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

why not give it a try today

i'll be going to the city of golden friendship... let's see
                Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Tried checking the CN with RG cmaps on my 1300 and 3760T...

Drove in and around city

Sorry guys no junction view on my end

(umasa pa ako)
                  Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                  - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Did not work either for nuvi 2595. Did several combinations in checking active map but no luck. I do not know why jcv should be locked.

Comment

Working...
                    X