Useful POIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful POIs

What POI's do you think are useful for everyone?

Car repair shops? Vulcanizing shops in case of a flat tire?

What about tricky areas where there are usually "hulidaps" so that drivers can be aware that they should be careful in these areas?
    Last edited by cs_nognog; 01-04-2012, 18:14.

Originally posted by cs_nognog View Post

What about tricky areas where there are usually "hulidaps" so that drivers can be aware that they should be careful in these areas?
    car repair/vulcanizing shops are a must.

tricky "hulidap" areas are NOT acceptable. that has a subjective basis.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

How about traffic lights, not as POI but part of the road (maybe?), just a suggestion (so we can have option to avoid traffic lights and drive to another route).

Comment

Originally posted by tessganda1988 View Post
        How about traffic lights, not as POI but part of the road (maybe?), just a suggestion (so we can have option to avoid traffic lights and drive to another route).
        traffic lights if included in the map would clutter the map.
        you may do it as custom poi.

Comment

If we are talking about POIs for contributions, even the simple water filling station suddenly became obviously important last Dec. 31st, when our water filling station wasn't answering our phonecalls and we had no water for the new year. So I had to use my GPS to search for water filling stations that were often. So water filling stations please update or contribute as well hehehe!

My personal rule (not RG's rule of course) is that if I think I will need it myself, or will find it useful, I contribute, up to the Admins to include or not.

Car and travel related POIs are of course 100% appreciated!

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
            traffic lights if included in the map would clutter the map.
            you may do it as custom poi.
            Ok sir, so custom POI it will be. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
              If we are talking about POIs for contributions, even the simple water filling station suddenly became obviously important last Dec. 31st, when our water filling station wasn't answering our phonecalls and we had no water for the new year. So I had to use my GPS to search for water filling stations that were often. So water filling stations please update or contribute as well hehehe!

My personal rule (not RG's rule of course) is that if I think I will need it myself, or will find it useful, I contribute, up to the Admins to include or not.

Car and travel related POIs are of course 100% appreciated!

TTFN
              Arvin

Arvin,

Water refilling station will not be a problem for you from now on. my parents own one... If you happen to run out of drinking water, just text me and i will be more than willing to refill for you even during holidays.

Comment

Yahooo!!! Thanks for the info Ate Liv! Will 100% keep this in mind!

Comment

Can we update one way streets and village gates? I think one way streets are especially important. Village gates and boundaries as well need to be updated so the GPS doesn't make you go through strict private villages.

Comment

Can we update one way streets and village gates? I think one way streets are especially important. Village gates and boundaries as well need to be updated so the GPS doesn't make you go through strict private villages.
                    yes, you are right. they are important. and they were mentioned in "how to" section.
                    your question is answered here (from 'how to' section) http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2

the thread contains info on how to submit the data you mentioned

thanks sir.

Comment

Clinics

Hi,

I've submitted a few clinics here in our area, but I can't seem to find them in our map. Is there any limitation?

Comment

Originally posted by rosanro1 View Post
                        Hi,

I've submitted a few clinics here in our area, but I can't seem to find them in our map. Is there any limitation?
                        none. try to browse on the map location and it should be there. but when you use the search function, it won't come out. the default category for clinics and dental clinics are non-searchable in garmin (both device and mapsource).
                        i will change category for it to make it searchable for next version.

but if it is not there even when you browse, pls resubmit them again so we can include it.

Comment

All exits in nlex slex sctex or any highways is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                            none. try to browse on the map location and it should be there. but when you use the search function, it won't come out. the default category for clinics and dental clinics are non-searchable in garmin (both device and mapsource).
                            i will change category for it to make it searchable for next version.

but if it is not there even when you browse, pls resubmit them again so we can include it.
                            Thanks. I can find some of them, will repost the rest.

Comment

What about areas prone to flooding? This way if it rains hard, we know which routes to avoid. As for POIs, I would love to see more vulcanizing shops, machine shops, auto repair shops, and car wash especially in the provinces, and the likes.

Comment

Working...
                              X