Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waze App (real-time traffic)

Anyone here using Waze?

Its a crowdsourcing map app for BB/iOS/Android/Symbian/Bada(?)

It delivers real time traffic on all roads (provided that members are passing thru it and posts the report - and are online)

Chat me up if youre online with this app.

Im using this with a Suncell plan 999 (unli-call/txt/DATA!!) on a Galaxy Tab.

Not bad for this app. Using it for almost 2 months instead of garmin on my iphone. Real time traffic, and navigates based on traffic reported by other users. It also calculates arrival time based on traffic and studies your driving habits and usual route. A little less on some poi compared to osm but it is improving !

Comment

Does it use Google maps or its own?

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away

Comment

tried it today on Iphone5. i love how you can get notified by:

presence of police officers
        presence of speed cams
        accidents
        traffic situations (based on feedback from waze users of course)

will try to do a side by side navigation comparison with my nuvi 1300 once i get a windshield mount for my phone.

Comment

Another nice thing about waze is that it uses different search engines; 1. waze's own, 2 google, 3 foursquare, 4 bing
          It has greatly improved from 2 years ago. If you have unlimited data plan and want real time traffic, this the way to go !
          Using this more than my Garmin app for iPhone.

Comment

Also tried it. It was nice enough but i got confused, i prefer the MMDA app hehe.

Comment

For traffic updates it depends on reports from waze users. Did a side by side navigation with iphone and nuvi. Waze recalculates sooner than the nuvi at times. Overall, i like them both. I like my nuvi poi database better. If only i can put the rg map on waze. Hmmmm

Comment

Im using it for a week and its great, though sometimes my internet connections sucks.

Comment

Been using it for a week now too.

Pro:
                  -traffic update from fellow wazers (my favorite: road hazards - construction)
                  -the ease of updating/correcting the map (road, pois, etc.)
                  Cons:
                  - data usage

overall, I like it. It's my Nüvi's co-pilot -- for traffic updates, etc. I would still use my Nüvi for navigation though given that from where I've driven recently, Nüvi with 2.18 is still more complete than what's in Waze.
                  ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
                    Been using it for a week now too.

Pro:
                    -traffic update from fellow wazers (my favorite: road hazards - construction)
                    -the ease of updating/correcting the map (road, pois, etc.)
                    Cons:
                    - data usage

overall, I like it. It's my Nüvi's co-pilot -- for traffic updates, etc. I would still use my Nüvi for navigation though given that from where I've driven recently, Nüvi with 2.18 is still more complete than what's in Waze.
                    yes. if we could only put the 2.18 map in waze....that would be something.

Comment

Now that Pioneer has a 2-din headunit with AppRadio feature, Waze is now cooler! For those who doesn't know, AppRadio lets you use some of your iOS and Android apps to the headunit. Check these out...

Some videos

http://www.appradioworld.com/2012/05...ppradio-2.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFjUBYr7UKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1RHzhjqmK4
                      Last edited by primo1; 06-23-2013, 00:37.

Comment

handy and useful especially if you have no other gps on hand. comparing both of them, i still prefer routing of the garmin, most likely because it has better updated one way streets.
                        no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Waze seems ok. I like its social networking feature that also lets you know if a friend's within the vicinity

Comment

This is a great app! I use this everytime i'm on the road for traffic updates

Comment

i downloaded this app but i cant see the map. i think i need to download the maps for offline use.

Comment

Working...
                              X