MapSource Can't find my GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MapSource Can't find my GPS

I'm redi to contribute but map source can't find my GPS Unit nuvi 265w..pls help ty

Originally posted by fixwing View Post
    I'm redi to contribute but map source can't find my GPS Unit nuvi 265w..pls help ty
    does mapsource able to display the 1.07 map?
    if yes, pls try on another PC or try another cable connector.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Were you able to previously connect with mapsource and upload the RG 1.07 map? Or this is the first time you are connecting your GPSR to Mapsource/PC?

1. Maybe your Unit is not correctly connected to the computer. Please check your cables and stuff.

2. Also please check if your PC is detecting your Unit correctly, you know, like when you plug in a USB stick it will sound and indicate it found a new device or what not.

3. The steps to connecting Nuvis to your PC is as follows:

a. Turn on your Nuvi unit, it should already be fully booted up.
      b. Connect the cable and plug in the PC and then observe the display of your unit.
      c. Your Nuvi should then change display screen showing it is connecting, with a progress bar on the bottom. It should have that display showing while you are connected with the PC, then open mapsource.

If your Nuvi only shows charging but not the data display, then your unit and your PC are not "Talking" consider if you installed the Garmin Drivers correctly.

Good luck!
      TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Fixwing!
        Please read this thread:
        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4729

I experienced the same thing helping another member with his new Nuvi unit, also Hardright experienced it as well. He said update the firmware of the Nuvi unit, it should fix the problem.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Correction Lang Kuya Arvin. On my system, Mapsource could see the Garmin unit. However, it fails to transfer the GPS data to Mapsource. Upgrading the firmware to 5.70 fixed it.

Comment

Yes Kuya Hardright sorry it's the same with my cousin's unit, can detect but won't receive or send to the unit.

Comment

Working...
            X